• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ranfurly Shield, ITM Cup & Heartland Championship: NZ domestic comps 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Manawatu haven't won at Eden Park since their NPC-winning 1981 season & that's not gonna change tonight, Aucks up 27-7 & pretty much getting in each other's way lining up to score the BP try...........

HT Aucks 30-7 Turbos.

Auck 7 looks like Jean-Pierre Rieves' head has been transplanted onto Phil Waugh's torso :)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nice to know I haven't lost my touch kiss of death-wise, Aucks mostly shite since oranges, Turbos capitalising & nek minnit it be Aucks 30-21 Turbos who now have Toby Morland out there who must be the oldest guy playing ITM this year. Still as yappy as ever he was.

Ben Lam gets the BP try, unconverted so 35-21. As you were KOD-wise :)

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, they made real hard work of that second half. But still managed to collect five competition points in the middle of our busy period, so it'll do.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Bugger only caught 2nd half and then son (who is also a Waiopehu Old Boy) skyped me, so didn't really see that properly!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ rumour has it the Crusaders (of which Tasman are a component) may have an opening for next year :)

FT Makos 36-17 Puddytats

Pressure now on Cantabs to beat Magpies tomorrow or risk losing touch with Makos at top of table. This is Aucks double-up Round so regardless of Cantabs result they could well finish the weekend on top given they've got Otago on Sunday.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I hope that BOP declining a shot at goal from that penalty just before halftime doesn't come back to bite them. Adventurous play I suppose but against that you'd have to think it was a fairly sure three points. BOP6 Taranaki 3 at HT

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Heartland results:

Wai-Bush 26-35 South Canty
Wanganui 35-9 Buller
West Coast 26-36 Mid Canty
King Country 47-12 Thames Valley
Pov Bay 23-30 North Otago

Match of the Round:

East Coast 20-24 'nua, we're on a roll, y'all!

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Taranaki starting to reap the benefits of sustained pressure, skipping away to a 22-9 lead after 55 minutes, primarily through well-drilled rolling mauls resulting in tries. May have to look for stockists of TIPA tomorrow.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Heartland results:

Wai-Bush 26-35 South Canty
Wanganui 35-9 Buller
West Coast 26-36 Mid Canty
King Country 47-12 Thames Valley
Pov Bay 23-30 North Otago

Match of the Round:

East Coast 20-24 'nua, we're on a roll, y'all!

At last, we will be looking to go into the ITM cup next year WOB, they can't keep a top team down:rolleyes:

Actually always good to get a win in Ruatoria, usually played with trucks as grandstands and a few of the crowd arriving by horseback. In the 80s East Coast always had a huge Hangi the night BEFORE the game!

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
And the ref blows fulltime at Rotorua, putting the BOP out of their misery. Final score Taranaki 32 BOP 9.

Taranaki 29 BOP 3 in the second half sums it up. Not good enough today.

I'll look for the TIPA tomorrow but I have some Ranfurly Draught in the fridge and they'll do for tonight, an undistinguisged beer to match an undistinguished BOP performance.

Looking forward to the Canterbury v Hawkes Bay match in a few minutes.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ Waikato, Ranfurly what's next Canterbury Draught followed by self-flagellation?

Actually always good to get a win in Ruatoria, usually played with trucks as grandstands and a few of the crowd arriving by horseback. In the 80s East Coast always had a huge Hangi the night BEFORE the game!

Yeah I think the night-before hangi was a bit like the old Southland trick of taking the visiting team to the Bluff Hotel for the all-you-can-eat oysters & on-the-house Speight's.

Status
Not open for further replies.