• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ranfurly Shield, ITM Cup & Heartland Championship: NZ domestic comps 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ Aucks get a Shield challenge next week, too, plus it's our double-up Round (Waikato Wednesday, 'naki Sunday, both at AMI) so bastards could finish the weekend with the Shield & top spot in the Premiership. Oughta be a law against it!

Cantabs made seriously hard work of putting Pirates away 17-10 despite 80% possession & being camped in the oppo 22 for minutes at a time. Game shoulda been over by half time, instead I was half expecting a runaway Tevita Li try & last-gasp droppy from some cnut to run us down in the 84th......... not good for my heart condition, that.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Didn't watch all of it, but Auckland defeated Tasman 28-19. Didn't get the bonus point, but still a decent result for a squad where something like a third of the team is in its debut season.
It was a pretty good match between two willing teams. Auckland's young players stood up well for the most part.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I know this is just from a school match in NZ this year, but you think the All Black's haka is powerful,..pfft cop this before a game

I know I know it the wrong thread!

That video has disappeared off you tube.
Try this one.

Talk about a cauldron !

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tom Taylor gets Cantabs home 18-17 with a 78th minute PG. Razor's gamble of resting ~12 first-23 players pays off. Just. Genius bloke, him :)

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Enjoyed the game, Cantabs had to work hard and rely a bit on Ben T to stuff up, first getting YCd and then getting done in last scrum.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Enjoyed the game, Cantabs had to work hard and rely a bit on Ben T to stuff up, first getting YCd and then getting done in last scrum.

Enjoyed? It was a poor game Dan :)

Errors, poor execution, no real highlights etc etc. I guess the only positives for me was Todd's play in the last quarter and I thought McKenzie's field kicking was pretty good.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Weber's territorial kicking was even better than McKenzie's. Those two can be the long term Chiefs halves pairings, the next 'Crusaders' I think.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
You can really hear some hoarse psycho Auckland forward raging over the referees comms.

Great stuff.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
.....and then a god damned winger goes and blows it by knocking on in his own in-goal. God how I loathe them.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Heem bombs it next to his own posts, then Hickey keeps kicking the damned ball away as though we were still in the lead. Just plain dumb rugby. To top it off they have three gift wrapped opportunities to win it in the final five minutes and choke three times.

Still, well done HB. You still need to be good enough to take advantage of stupidity, and they were.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Magpies hold on for the win! Only one Challenge left v Waikato in Round 9 so every chance the Shield will be spending another summer in sunny Hawke's Bay.

Picture paints a thousand words:

image.jpg

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
Magpies hold on for the win! Only one Challenge left v Waikato in Round 9 so every chance the Shield will be spending another summer in sunny Hawke's Bay.

Result also means Cantabs stay top & Tasman second regardless of other results this week. In theory 'naki could overtake Aucks for third IF they win with a BP on Sunday. In theory :)

My hope from the start of the season that the Log will stay in The Bay is starting to become more of a reality. Lets hope we can get past the Mooloos.
I went to McLean Park in April the day after ANZAC Day and actually got to see and touch it. It was just sitting on the front counter of the office. All the office ladies very proud of it. I'm probably heading back to Napier for a bit in January and hope it's still there.

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)

Result also means Cantabs stay top & Tasman second regardless of other results this week. In theory 'naki could overtake Aucks for third IF they win with a BP on Sunday. In theory :)

My hope from the start of the season that the Log will stay in The Bay is starting to become more of a reality. Lets hope we can get past the Mooloos.
I went to McLean Park in April the day after ANZAC Day and actually got to see and touch it. It was just sitting on the front counter of the office. All the office ladies very proud of it. I'm probably heading back to Napier for a bit in January and hope it's still there.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Big win for @2bluesfan's Steamers 37-5 Taniwha last night.

Disappointed Foxtel chose to show motorcycles going round & round in circles instead...............

Big day for the Mighty 'nua, away to Wairarapa-Bush & currently five points above them on the Table. North Otago who are four points behind us have Buller so we really need a win to consolidate a Top-6 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.