• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Ranfurly Shield, ITM Cup & Heartland Championship: NZ domestic comps 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Steelers 42-33 Tasman who didn't even pick up a BP.
Hogs 61-7 Stags.

Mighty 'nua went down 19-33 Wai-Bush & with all the other Top-6 teams winning it looks like we're heading for the Lochore Cup again.

Meads Cup semi-finalists probably South Canty, Mid Canty, Wanganui & either Wai-Bush or North Otago. Lochore Cup whichever of NO & WB don't make the Meads plus 'nua & two of King Country, Buller, West Coast & Thames Valley.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^ that's odd cos on Foxtel they're almost 30 min into Wellys v Mooloos.

EDIT: should read Foxtel website, I'm currently sans TV.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It appears Cantabs may have failed to beat the 'naki on Sunday (not entirely sure as I was "on it" instead of parked up in front of the TV, but the Points Table she doesn't lie). On t'other hand it was our double-up week & we did beat Mooloos (who also had a double-up & lost both) & remain top of the table.

http://www.itmcup.co.nz/Fixtures/Standings

Prem semi finalists looking more & more like Cantabs, Makos, Aucks & 'naki (quite possibly in that order, esp if Cantabs beat Makos this week). Champ SF looks like Magpies, Wellys, Steamers & Otago. Wellys v Magpies tomorrow night could well decide top spot as will what happens when they back up on Sunday v Steamers & Stags, respectively.

In the Heartland, Mighty 'nua are now fifth equal but are away to unbeaten Mid Canty this week so a home Lochore Cup SF (teams ranked 5th - 8th) is probably the best we can hope for. Meads SF (top four) will likely be Mid- & South Canty, Wanganui & either North Otago or Wai-Bush. Lochore SF's less obvious but either NO or WB plus 'nua & two of King Country, Thames Valley, Buller (all on 11 points) & Poverty Bay (10).

http://www.heartlandchampionship.co.nz

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Anothyer win for the Mighty Nua, 47-43 over Mid Canterbury.Great stuff!!

Plus North Otago got reamed 58-21 by South Canty so we're now 4th equal with Wai-Bush who thrashed East Coast 45-5. At home to Buller next week so an away Meads SF is at least possible. Other results:

West Coast 22-36 King Country
Wanganui 55-23 Pov Bay
Buller 25-17 Thames Valley

See also that Cantabs are back on track 41-25 v Makos. Earlier results:

Wellys 22-22 Magpies
Pirates 32-39 Otago
Mooloos 9-39 Steelers
Turbos 10-44 'naki

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^ PlaceMakers when Clarrie Collier had the JV so with (among others you'd know) China Sauer & Jim Barker, prior to that Horowhenua District Council Works Dept (yeah, I know, contradiction in terms etc :)) from which days you'd surely know Sarge Whakatihi & Scott (not the All Black) McLeod.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ok WOB, Yep obviously knew Jim, and of course China a good Athletic man, and how could I not know Scott(Bogey) McLeod. I worked at Levana Print (originally Classic Textiles) after a spell at Coliier Contracts when I first returned to Levin. Actually my father worked for years for Levin BC works , so I don't make smart comments about works depts;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's an overcast 35 degrees in Olde Sydney Towne ATM and we can see the ITM Cup from Inverrrrrcarrrgil on the tele between "local storm" interdiction. It is pissing down and 13 degrees.

Good preparation for playing Munster at Thomond Park, (Scotland at Newcastle, NSW) and polar exploration but little else.

I know where I'd want to be.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Steamers 13-31 Wellys who had both props in the bin for ~4 minutes. Classic Sumo comment after Cory Jane fended off a coupla defenders: "his left arm should be licensed".

Nua are officially 5th by virtue of losing to Wai-Bush a coupla weeks ago so will need at least a draw v Buller & rely on Wanganui knocking WB over to qualify for a Meads Cup SF.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Final week of the regular season. Cantabs & Aucks will finish 1 & 2 in the Premiership, Makos v 'naki will determine which of them goes to Cheechee & which to Auckland.

Top two in Championship will be Magpies & Wellys, order depending on their respective results v Mooloos (also a Shield challenge, Shield should stay in Napier for the summer but you never can tell where the Shield is involved) & Turbos who look likely to be relegated. Other Champ SFists will be Otago & Steamers.

Heartland-wise Meads SF will be South & Mid Canty, Wanganui & either 'nua or Wai-Bush. We've got Buller, they've got Wanganui so there's a reasonable chance we could sneak in.

Lochore SF will be 'nua or Wai-Bush plus three of North Otago, King Country, West Coast & Buller. NO have a two-point lead over the others but have Mid Canty whereas KC have bottom-placed EC, Buller have us & WC have Thames Valley so I'm picking the three to be NO, KC & WC.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
FT Otago 54-36 Taniwha. Otago will finish 3rd in the Championship regardless of what happens when they back up v Steamers on Sunday. Taniwha also backing up (v Pirates) & may well finish with zero wins, their glory days seem even longer ago than the 1970's..............

Status
Not open for further replies.