• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Right, I have had enough of this pissing about and respecting the opposition shite. Ireland are going to put England to the sword on sunday and win by twenty points. The only one I would have in the Irish side out of this England team is Cole and that is only because he is young, Ross is a better scrummager! We are stronger from 1 to 15 and we fecking owe England for Twickenham last year. Lancaster is a shrewd operator and a decent man but there are enough c**ts involved with this English squad to galvanise any man.

Gwan Ireland, sew it into the f*ckers, sew it right in and send the c**ts back with their tails between their legs. They don't respect the Irish team, 'the' RFU own the fecking game and we are imposters on their right to run and control it, Italy beating France was the first step on sticking these arrogant pricks right on their fecking arse. Gwan Ireland!!!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Right, I have had enough of this pissing about and respecting the opposition shite. Ireland are going to put England to the sword on sunday and win by twenty points. The only one I would have in the Irish side out of this England team is Cole and that is only because he is young, Ross is a better scrummager! We are stronger from 1 to 15 and we fecking owe England for Twickenham last year. Lancaster is a shrewd operator and a decent man but there are enough c**ts involved with this English squad to galvanise any man.

Gwan Ireland, sew it into the f*ckers, sew it right in and send the c**ts back with their tails between their legs. They don't respect the Irish team, 'the' RFU own the fecking game and we are imposters on their right to run and control it, Italy beating France was the first step on sticking these arrogant pricks right on their fecking arse. Gwan Ireland!!!

Was thinking the same thing myself, if we are accurate at the breakdown we should win by more than a score. Lets send SOB down Farrells channel nice and early and get him rattled, tell POM to not leave Youngs alone the whole game do everything he can to make him crack. If we can isolate Ashton, Brown and Goodes in 1 on 1's verus Zebo and Gilroy I'd back the Irish lads every time.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
And run interference on Ashton, blocking his lines onto the ball carrier's shoulder.
Ashton is another one like Marler and Youngs with a very short fuse. Weather doesn't look very clever for tomorrow; the time was we would be praying for a hurricane to give us a chance against the Orcs, now it is them who are doing the rain dance. Maybe I am not quite so bullish as last night (amazing what a gallon and a half of beer will do to your confidence levels) but I still think we will win well, Gwan Ireland!!!!!!!

Much as I am a fan of the underdog and was pleased for Italy last week, I do think they are quite a dirty cynical team who have done some very unpleasant things in games against Ireland over the years, gouging and the like so I will be cheering on Scotland; I am also a big fan of Kelly Brown even though he plays for Saffacens.
A draw would be a great result in Paris but I suspect the Welsh might surprise a few people today. Bastereud V Roberts should be a right old bone cruncher!!!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Flower of Scotland at Murrayfield. Hair raised on the back of the neck. Bagpipes to start the anthem, and then the crowd only belt out the second half acapella.

One of the great sounds of Rugby...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
France vs Wales is the worst rugby international I've ever seen.

One just cannot explain the French performance

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Scotland v Italy and France v Wales seemed to have switched roles this year. Normally Scoland v Italy is a dour borefest is both teams trying to avoid defeat and lots of errors and very little ambition. France v Wales is normally provides lots of excitement some good tries and both side really having a go. Just switch the two fixtures around for this year and you have the pefect description of today's 2 games.

After 4 fantastic games France v Wales was one of the worst 6Ns games ever. Even though Wales won they looked completely devoid of ideas for much of the game, the French looked like they were not only devoid of ideas but motivation too.

Hopefully tomorrow's game is of better quality but either way I'll be a nervous wreck. I hope Ireland don't blow it.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Scotland v Italy and France v Wales seemed to have switched roles this year. Normally Scoland v Italy is a dour borefest is both teams trying to avoid defeat and lots of errors and very little ambition. France v Wales is normally provides lots of excitement some good tries and both side really having a go. Just switch the two fixtures around for this year and you have the pefect description of today's 2 games.

After 4 fantastic games France v Wales was one of the worst 6Ns games ever. Even though Wales won they looked completely devoid of ideas for much of the game, the French looked like they were not only devoid of ideas but motivation too.

Hopefully tomorrow's game is of better quality but either way I'll be a nervous wreck. I hope Ireland don't blow it.
France were awful but I just get a feeling the only game they'll turn up for will be in Landsdowne Road. Wales were only slightly better than awful, without doubt one of the worst games in the 6 nations.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)

France suffers from the same thing we do - inconsistency and unreliability. Wales was playing with naught but desperation. It's as though both teams had said in the change rooms "It's okay guys, we're going to lose. Let's not put risk putting effort in."

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
France suffers from the same thing we do - inconsistency and unreliability. Wales was playing with naught but desperation. It's as though both teams had said in the change rooms "It's okay guys, we're going to lose. Let's not put risk putting effort in."

I don't think effort was the issue. Both teams will go to bed sore and sorry; one happy, the other disappointed. There was some heavy defence on show. The real issue I saw was that neither team found a plan of attack that produced results. France kicked the ball away far too much, it was like watching the Saffa teams a few years back, all the wingers were good for was chasing high kicks and contesting. Wales always seemed to be on top but couldn't find a gameplan to convert advantage into points.

France picked a backline and gameplan that was designed to match up to Wales' big bopper backline without any thought about how they would do anything but match their opponents. They needed to think about how they would win rather than how they would not lose.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
What's the go with being offside at a kick?

I have seen numerous instances of a player running forward, being in front of the ball, before it is kicked, yet not being ruled offside.

WTF?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
boyo, if you in front of kicker, suppoosedly you not allowed to chase or keep moving forward, if you are in front and not in 10m circle of where ball lands you are ok provided you don't move forward.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
boyo, if you in front of kicker, suppoosedly you not allowed to chase or keep moving forward, if you are in front and not in 10m circle of where ball lands you are ok provided you don't move forward.

Thanks Dan54, but I know the offside law.

My point is, e.g. a box kick, that a chaser is offside but isn't ruled as such.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)

I can explain it. They played like shit. The only thing worse than them was the field. The win polished Wales's turd as they weren't much better than France.

Who cares though, go Scotland you little beauty. Loved every minute of that Scottish performance. Their physicallity was sensational and finaly they look like executing basic skills and playing with patients.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
My French rugby mate theorised before yesterday's match that the French Fed might not mind a loss. A French 6N wooden spoon, even. In July the French Fed starts negotiations with the clubs over, amongst other things, control of players. Currently they play Top-14 right up till the 6N and during the 6N's breaks. The coach gets his squad together in the week before the start of the 6N. French humiliation might strengthen the French Fed's hand, he theorised, only half-jokingly.

The only explanation for some of PSA's daft selections I can think of.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Apparently it is an absolute monsoon in Dublin which is not good news for Ireland. However, I still think Ireland will win. Getting nervous now because the Grand Slam is very much in the mix if we can win this one. On my knees praying for Mike Ross to get through the game.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
A mate of mine in Dublin told me this morning it was only drizzling in his area. Anyway, I can slow conditions working in favour of Ireland's superior defence and back row. Fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.