• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Ref was Cardona, responsible for some eccentric reffing when I've seen him. Brunel has called up Mauro Bergamasco as cover for Sergio.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Take away the injuries, Healy's brain-fart, etc, there was always Deccie's Patented Inconsistency to factor in. They're my Home Nations team but the term favouritism always gives me the heebie-jeebies.

Hit the nail on the head, I think if you asked how confident Ireland support were for the rest of the 6 nations if everyone had a fair crack at the starting spot based solely on form then there would be a lot more optimistic Irish supporters right now. If you Added in JSRF10's point about the tactics then many would say we still have a good chance of winning the 6Ns.

As it is I'm expecting us to be as inconsistent as every, we'll have a least 1 more inept performance before the end and one game where everything will click begging the question why we can't do that more often. How we perform in the other game will then probably determine if we finish in the top 3 or the bottom 3.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Parisse being out is a big plus for us, no matter I think we would have beaten them with him there, Now begs the question who will they put in his stead.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Mauro Bergamasco has been called in as cover for Sergio. If Mauro starts, Zanni will go to 8. Very good flanker but not really an 8. I'm still trying to work out where Robert Barbieri has got to. He's a genuine 8.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Madigan added to the Ireland squad overnight, I’d assume it’s a token gesture but you never know. Chris Henry out as well, probably means Ian Henderson onto the bench and Ireland looking seriously heavy on blindsides.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Madigan added to the Ireland squad overnight, I’d assume it’s a token gesture but you never know. Chris Henry out as well, probably means Ian Henderson onto the bench and Ireland looking seriously heavy on blindsides.
I hope Henderson comes straight in for McCarthy and DOC stays on the bench myself. I would have the TOD on the bench as a like for like with Henry. Hope Madigan is not a token and is in the squad but think pigs will fly before that happens.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I'd love to see Henderson get some game time, I think he's the closest in style to Ferris of the new crop of forwards. I agree with Paddy, DOC should remain on the bench for 2 reasons, 1) It means a younger guy will get more than the usual 0-10 minutes of game time and 2) DOC is one of those rare players who can get right into the pace of the game off the bench unlike others who need 5-10 minutes.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
With regard to starting or bench? I think I would start Court and have Killer come off the bench with 25 left. Murray won't be playing on sunday so Court who is a very destructive scrummager could make hay leaving the more dynamic Kilcoyne to come on to exploit tired legs.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
With regard to starting or bench? I think I would start Court and have Killer come off the bench with 25 left. Murray won't be playing on sunday so Court who is a very destructive scrummager could make hay leaving the more dynamic Kilcoyne to come on to exploit tired legs.

Court should start but Kilcoyne will and will probably play 80 minutes. After Twickers last year I think Deccie in his mind is blaming Court and will only pick him in an emergency.

Would love Henderson to get a run I think he is an awesome player, and has the makings of a 100 cap international. I think if we had a fully fit deck of locks DOC wouldn't make the bench, I'd have Tuohy as he is someone who can lift the tempo straight away with his ball carrying however given our injuries DOC is the only one you can pick.

EDIT: Rumours on Irish boards which have been right in the past that Court, Jackson and Marshall all start, Toner and ROG on the bench

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Court should start but Kilcoyne will and will probably play 80 minutes. After Twickers last year I think Deccie in his mind is blaming Court and will only pick him in an emergency.

Would love Henderson to get a run I think he is an awesome player, and has the makings of a 100 cap international. I think if we had a fully fit deck of locks DOC wouldn't make the bench, I'd have Tuohy as he is someone who can lift the tempo straight away with his ball carrying however given our injuries DOC is the only one you can pick.

EDIT: Rumours on Irish boards which have been right in the past that Court, Jackson and Marshall all start, Toner and ROG on the bench
Court was trying to play tight head in Twickers last year but he is a loose head and a very destructive one at that who will be playing loose head on Sunday. Worth bearing in mind that Euan Murray will not be at three because of his religious beliefs so Court could absolutely splinter the Scottish scrum. It is very tight between Court and Killer but I think DK has made the right call going for the Ulsterman's greater experience.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Court was trying to play tight head in Twickers last year but he is a loose head and a very destructive one at that who will be playing loose head on Sunday. Worth bearing in mind that Euan Murray will not be at three because of his religious beliefs so Court could absolutely splinter the Scottish scrum. It is very tight between Court and Killer but I think DK has made the right call going for the Ulsterman's greater experience.

I think this is a great call from DK, Court Best and Ross is our strongest scrummaging front row I think we'll have a massive upper hand here over the Scots.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Cross starting for us, he has had a shocking year for Edinburgh but then who hasnt!
I dare say he is playing for his international future this weekend and last game vs Ireland was MOM, I think we might dominate in the front row. Back row will be the battle in my opinion, that and yellow cards.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Cross starting for us, he has had a shocking year for Edinburgh but then who hasnt!
I dare say he is playing for his international future this weekend and last game vs Ireland was MOM, I think we might dominate in the front row. Back row will be the battle in my opinion, that and yellow cards.

I think it depends which Ireland turn up, the Ireland from the first half of the Wales game which mixed precision, high intensity and discipline or the Ireland from the England games which was flat, sloppy and had a high error count. If its the former Ireland will win by more than a score, if it isnt Scotland have a fantastic chance and I'd back them to win with both teams scoring in 3s.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
I reckon a few tries from both teams, but as I said yellow cards will be the big factor.
Scotland to win by 8 both teams to score over 30 points - either that or we will get flogged as per usual!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I reckon a few tries from both teams, but as I said yellow cards will be the big factor.
Scotland to win by 8 both teams to score over 30 points - either that or we will get flogged as per usual!

How do you see the Scottish scrum holding up? Court is in the form of his life, and Ross has done a good job against the Scots in the past. This is an area I think Ireland are really looking to go after given that the Scots haven't looked great in this area in their first 2 games and Murray can't play due to his religion.

Craig Riddington

Sydney Middleton (9)
I don't know very much at all about Paddy Jackson so I was wondering what peoples expectations are on the sort of game he is going to play?

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Grant is also in form of his life, Ford would be a certain Lion if he could throw straight and as I said Cross playing for career.
Gray and Hamilton are the better 2nd row, so we should dominate in set pieces and loose in terms of front five.
But Cross could have a shocker and when Kellock comes on we struggle.
Will be very interesting, its really an Ulster vs Glasgow game - the two best sides in Pro 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.