• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RBS 6 Nations 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Looks like England are going to win a slam on the back of a great kick chase, an accurate place kicker and solid defence. Doesn't say much for the 6 nations that this is all its takes to win.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think Wales might upset the odds against England in the final game and it might actually come down to points difference as to who wins. I'd like to think Ireland would be in the shake up if that does happen. However I'm not confident we'll win our remaining games and if we do I think we lack the ruthless streak to pile on the points against beaten teams.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
I think Wales might upset the odds against England in the final game and it might actually come down to points difference as to who wins. I'd like to think Ireland would be in the shake up if that does happen. However I'm not confident we'll win our remaining games and if we do I think we lack the ruthless streak to pile on the points against beaten teams.

Hopefully Wales can do a job on them, can't stand pricks seeing like Ashton and Youngs getting silverware.
Its a problem with Irish teams in all sports, and then when a team like Kilkenny dominate and thrash teams they get lambasted for bad sportsmanship. Something amiss in our national psyche I think.
I think we can win our last 3 games but with no where near the amount of points required to win the championship. Also given France are in our World Cup group we need to get in the habit of beating them what better way to start than when they are on a 3 game losing streak.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Can't believe the shape France is in, anyone know the last time they lost the first 3 games in a 6 Nations? Was hoping they would help the Irish out this weekend.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Can't believe the shape France is in, anyone know the last time they lost the first 3 games in a 6 Nations? Was hoping they would help the Irish out this weekend.

First time the French have lost five in a row in the comp since 1958. They finished joint last in 1999 and were wooden spooners in 1957.

Hearsay has it that Conor O'Shea, commenting on the French, said yesterday's starting team had little to do with PSA. Juding by his idiotic substitutions between 55 and 65 minutes - Parra, T-D, Mas, Kayser and Nyanga all hooked - you can only think he was determined to have his preferred team on the field led by Machenaud and Michalak.

The French had scrum superiority so PSA hooks Mas and Kayser. The Human Shampoo Bottle isn't an international hooker's bumhole. Parra was running the French game intelligently, giving them shape for the first time in the tournament, and he was hooked. Machenaud undid all Parra's good work. T-D wasn't having a blinder but wasn't the liability Michalak has been. And was again when he replaced T-D.

England will take the win. There's no way of knowing how the game would have panned out without PSA's decisions but England's job was certainly made easier. Manu's try wasn't, but it's too late now. For some reason Farrell Jnr took to the field determined to be an obnoxious provocative twat. Maybe he over-pumped himself for the occasion. Didn't help his game a jot. Ashton's defence was exposed yet again, as was his twattishness, even after the 80 minutes were up.

Wales were marginally better in Rome than they were in Paris, but my beloved Italy were dire, making Wales' job so much easier. Unless PSA joins the England coaching camp, I can't see anything other than an England GS.

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
we will try to spoil Englands party, our front 5 were very good against the italians, who are renouned for their scrumaging, But it was a dire game

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
To be honest, Italian scrummaging hasn't been the real strength it used to be for a few years. Castro tends not to bind these days and Lo Cicero is getting on in years. That said, the Welsh scrum was powerful. They can more than match England. It's elsewhere that bothers me about the Welsh. The team remains set up to exploit the monster backs but they're not exploited often enough and haven't been since last year's 6N.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Marshall keeps this up he might walk into the 12 spot for the lions. Two touch's two line breaks

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Ref is destroying this game, over penalizing everything and stopping the flow of the game. Very harsh yellow card.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Should have been, yes. First one harsh, that one evens things up. BOD gave Earls a deserved gobful for not passing inside. For all the possession, Ireland have wasted too much of it. I've never seen Rory Best throw so badly.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Should have been, yes. First one harsh, that one evens things up. BOD gave Earls a deserved gobful for not passing inside. For all the possession, Ireland have wasted too much of it. I've never seen Rory Best throw so badly.
Agree first one was harsh, tackle in the air should have been. BOD did give Earls a mouth full but BOD was pretty well covered and not going to get across the line either. Earls had the ball in the wrong hand to throw the pass which gave him no options.

Never rated Best and today he is really proving it, think O'Brien is having a great game as well as Marshall.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
I rate Best. Had a good tournament. This performance is odd. SOB is a great player, always makes yards. Marshall hasn't seen as much ball since the opening. Seems to be all going through the forwards now.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I rate Best. Had a good tournament. This performance is odd. SOB is a great player, always makes yards. Marshall hasn't seen as much ball since the opening. Seems to be all going through the forwards now.
Don't disagreeing with Best playing well this 6 Nations, but he has never been consistent for long period of time. SOB break is the reason for that try. Good finish by Gilroy.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Game of 2 halfs and Scotland is going to win this one. At least it should mean Kidney gets the boot he deserves.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well done Scotland, Great defense and really taught Ireland a lesson in not taking the points when they are available.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
Well done Scotland, Great defense and really taught Ireland a lesson in not taking the points when they are available.

Yep. Turned them down for no result and poor Paddy Jackson's nervous boot did the rest. Then ROG tries a chip kick virtually inside his own 22 that was never on. Oh well. If it means one day closer to Deccie's demise, fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.