• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC4 - Australia v Argentina

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobby Sands

I think Tupou will be a doubtful starter against the Argies. Even if passed fit, I think he should be rested for this game to give his neck time to get over the pounding it took on the weekend.

Poey straight back in if fit, but the back row should then be Tui, Pocock, Samu (or Timu). And yes, that will be a significant improvement.

That back-row would be so much better. It is actually balanced.

Put Folau on a wing.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I haven't rewatched the game but my recollection is that Hodge went off for an HIA, which would explain why he was able to come back on I think

Yeah, I think you might be right.

Hodge takes a high shot from du Plessis in the 64th minute. We kick for the corner, get the lineout not in straight, Springboks kick for touch from scrum, we get the lineout not in straight, we win a penalty at the scrum and kick for goal and Hodge comes off in the 69th minute without any real play happening in between.

So Hodge coming off doesn't count as as replacement but him coming back on does count I think (because Koroibete was an original player, not a temporary replacement). So that gets us to 8.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Yeah, I think you might be right.

Hodge takes a high shot from du Plessis in the 64th minute. We kick for the corner, get the lineout not in straight, Springboks kick for touch from scrum, we get the lineout not in straight, we win a penalty at the scrum and kick for goal and Hodge comes off in the 69th minute without any real play happening in between.

So Hodge coming off doesn't count as as replacement but him coming back on does count I think (because Koroibete was an original player, not a temporary replacement). So that gets us to 8.
shhhh hush now, only the All Blacks cheat.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was on the GC weekend just gone & saw some advertising Inc a countdown clock opposite Cavill Mall but also probably saw & heard more about the triathlon this week & prep works for GC600. Anyone know how ticket sales are going and/ or have an idea how big a crowd RA are expecting/ hoping for?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dm8d-ngUwAYLd9E.jpg:large

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Pocock replaces Samu who moves to the bench. Hanigan drops out.

Coleman and Phipps replace Simmons and Powell on the bench.

Folau moves to the wing, Maddocks to the bench and Banks drops out.

Kepu replaces Robertson as reserve LHP.

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Abit of sense for once ! Good to see DHP stay at fullback and folau on the sting. Just need flick Korroibete, start Maddocks and Banks on the bench. A full strength wallabies team is starting to shape up for the first time in a few years.
Would like to see jake gordon get a gig over phipps !

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Would have liked to see Banks starting in place of Koroibete now that Folau is playing the role of the big bustling winger (as he is best suited to) but apart from that about the best we've got. Don't mind Tupou off the bench given his neck issue last week and he and FF (Folau Fainga'a) combine really well.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What a backline. And that bench has some power as well. This team has no more excuses now - I expect to see some dominant tries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Abit of sense for once ! Good to see DHP stay at fullback and folau on the sting. Just need flick Korroibete, start Maddocks and Banks on the bench. A full strength wallabies team is starting to shape up for the first time in a few years.
Would like to see jake gordon get a gig over phipps !
Koroibete can actually finish a try though, unlike Maddocks.

Kepu at LHP is an odd one. Thought Robertson was fine from the bench.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Thats a decent team.. As others have said another kicking option at the back instead of Korobetai would be nice.

When TK fit he slides in at 13 Hodge as the second fullback or go with Banks, Hodge to the bench.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thats a decent team.. As others have said another kicking option at the back instead of Korobetai would be nice.

When TK fit he slides in at 13 Hodge as the second fullback or go with Banks, Hodge to the bench.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Another kicking option? You mean outside of Genia, Beale, To'omua, Hodge and DHP?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So, three out of the four props have played both sides of the scrum. I thought the practice of playing Kepu at LHP had well and truly finished, but obviously I'm wrong.

PLEASE, PLEASE selectors, put a prop on his best side and LEAVE HIM THERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.