• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC5: Springbokke vs Wallabies @ PE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
There was actually some decent analysis on Fox on how much more work Koroibete is being made to do than the other left wingers in the RC. As we play Folau and Beale in the backfield Koroibete always has to cover the wing on the open side which would fatigue him and means he’s liable to be caught out of position when he’s constantly roving from one side of the field to another. The tactic might work better against NH teams but in the RC where teams are throwing the ball around more the tactic looks to be breaking down. Combine this with the fact that TK and Kerevi aren’t there to talk to him in Fijian and we’re really not using Koroibete effectively.
Another coaching flaw.

If Cheika comes away 0/2 he's gotta go right?

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
For right or wrong, I will be very surprised if Cheika goes before the WC. If we had an obvious replacement in the wings it may be different, but despite the favourites of various posters here, there isn't an obvious heir-apparent. Like most posters here I am extremely frustrated with our poor performances, for which MC certainly shares the blame, but unlike the Liberal party I would like to think the ARU would be looking to find a clearly better coach, rather than just throw out the incumbent on the basis that any sort of change must be better.

As to selection, if you read these pages the answer is basically any player not currently in the side, ideally from the poster's favourite team. As soon as said player is selected and we fail again, it becomes an obvious poor selection! For the Tah haters, we managed to get down to only two last test in the run-on side, and still failed. Maybe we need no Tahs at all ;)

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
There was actually some decent analysis on Fox on how much more work Koroibete is being made to do than the other left wingers in the RC. As we play Folau and Beale in the backfield Koroibete always has to cover the wing on the open side which would fatigue him and means he’s liable to be caught out of position when he’s constantly roving from one side of the field to another. The tactic might work better against NH teams but in the RC where teams are throwing the ball around more the tactic looks to be breaking down. Combine this with the fact that TK and Kerevi aren’t there to talk to him in Fijian and we’re really not using Koroibete effectively.

But that's not new UTG. Joe Roff and Lachie Turner always played like that and were better wingers. More lately, Henry Speight does exactly the same thing for the Brumbies and I reckon I've seen Cam Clark covering both sides of the field for the Tahs too. It is not a new ploy. Think it was just Mitchell mouthing off in defence of one of his current Wallaby mates who makes more mistakes in a game than warrants his continued selection..

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Agree UTG. We have some very promising hookers in Fainga'a, BPA, Uelese & Latu. To me Fainga'a looks the pick of them. But 1, or hopefully more than 1 really needs to kick on now.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
But that's not new UTG. Joe Roff and Lachie Turner always played like that and were better wingers. More lately, Henry Speight does exactly the same thing for the Brumbies and I reckon I've seen Cam Clark covering both sides of the field for the Tahs too. It is not a new ploy. Think it was just Mitchell mouthing off in defence of one of his current Wallaby mates who makes more mistakes in a game than warrants his continued selection..

We won't be fully compliant with the wallaby way until Mitchell is also a selector.

melomvp

Allen Oxlade (6)
i don't agree with michael cheikas decison to start kurtley at fly half i honestly think he is better at inside center. i would keep reece hodge at 13 and i would drop marika koroibete to the bench and start jack maddocks .

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I assume the decision to move Beale to 10 has been more to do with Foley’s form at 10 than what Beale’s best position is.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
On what planet has Foley's form been inferior to beale's???

To be fair he’s only had two bites at the cherry.
Foleys reached his ceiling.
I don’t hold high hopes based on the last two outings but I don’t have a problem with him having another crack.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
On what planet has Foley's form been inferior to beale's???
People have been calling for practically anyone to be given a shot based on Foleys limitations. Beale, Quade, Deegan, I think someone even suggested Debreczeni. And personally, while I never thought Beale was a better option, I can understand why a lot of people were looking for another option.

Beale has so far confirm what a lot of us thought - that isn’t suited to playing 10 at high level - or maybe he just needs time to gel with his centres. I dunno - but Foley has had ample chances to nail down the 10 spot and, whilst he still may well he our best option at this point in time, he remains a substandard international player. Hopefully the kick in the arse will do him good.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
People have been calling for practically anyone to be given a shot based on Foleys limitations. Beale, Quade, Deegan, I think someone even suggested Debreczeni. And personally, while I never thought Beale was a better option, I can understand why a lot of people were looking for another option.

Beale has so far confirm what a lot of us thought - that isn’t suited to playing 10 at high level - or maybe he just needs time to gel with his centres. I dunno - but Foley has had ample chances to nail down the 10 spot and, whilst he still may well he our best option at this point in time, he remains a substandard international player. Hopefully the kick in the arse will do him good.
The thing i find so confusing is that, even though most of the team are currently substandard (DHP and Pocock pretty much the only exceptions), people queue up to blame Foley and Hooper.

You'd think it was anti-tah bias but then no one really rags on Beale, who has been atrocious.

It's all very confusing.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The thing i find so confusing is that, even though most of the team are currently substandard (DHP and Pocock pretty much the only exceptions), people queue up to blame Foley and Hooper.

You'd think it was anti-tah bias but then no one really rags on Beale, who has been atrocious.

It's all very confusing.
Yeah I don’t really get how people are maintaining that the selection of Beale at 10 is fine when he’s been awful. Foley hasn’t been a world beater but at least he can catch the ball off first phase.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)

It's all very confusing.
It’s not really confusing at all.

My criticism has nothing to do with which state he plays for nor is it a reflection of the ability of lack thereof of any other player in the team.

Muzza

Herbert Moran (7)
its 12:30 am ..I want to go to bed but im staying up to watch the same shit that we have been dishing up for a few years.We might even play ok tonight but we will be shit in the next game.. same old rubbish. i know i will get only 3- 4 hrs sleep before the kids wake me up and i should really go to bed but i can't. I have to watch the game. im think im cursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.