• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RC5: Springbokke vs Wallabies @ PE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harv

Herbert Moran (7)
Forwards lose lineouts, get beat up at the breakdown (cept Pocock) and constantly fail to make the gain line. Forget the backs, they won't win another test until they get some urgency in tight and win an attacking lineout or two. They were going backwards for seven minutes while camped in South Africa's quarter mid second half. Two pretty ordinary sides, but good defence from Boks.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Cheika has to go. No professional coach that presides over that clusterfuck of a lineout can keep his job.

Sack him. Take out a loan if you can't afford it.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Maybe one positive that can be tken away from this game is that Foley is our best option at 5/8 and Beale doesn't like the pressure of game management. If we realise that then maybe a small step forward can be made.

Also how Stephen Larkham can be considered coach in waiting is beyond me, the only thing he has going for himself is that he is a mate of Rod Kafer.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Maybe one positive that can be tken away from this game is that Foley is our best option at 5/8 and Beale doesn't like the pressure of game management. If we realise that then maybe a small forward can be made.

Also how Stephen Larkham can be considered coach in waiting is beyond me, the only thing he has going for himself is that he is a mate of Rod Kafer.
Attack coach presiding over an attacking line that's highest score from 8 tests is 23.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
What does Rawalui actually do as a forwards coach? As a unit they've largely regressed over the year, with a particular decline in the set piece. Not too surprising I guess, he appears to be another Cheika when what we really needed was set piece intelligence in that role.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
A very fortuitous victory by the Boks. Australia could have scored countless times but for many errors within the Bok 22. The Boks once again were forced to make a tonne of tackles which bodes very badly for next week.

Australia would have scored those tries had they had some confidence in themselves which they are sorely lacking. They are one good victory away from snapping out of this rut I reckon, but I'm not sure it will be next week. They will have to win pretty convincingly to restore some confidence.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
First up, well done to the Springboks with another massive defensive effort to win them that one.

For the Wallabies to only go down by 11 makes it look not so bad after the disastrous start and the lineout execution with at least 3 picked off by the Boks. If not for David Pocock and his ruck burgling, the Wallabies would have lost by more and it took too long for others to get involved.

Not taking the shots at goal when camped down their end with a number of penalties was questionable considering there was plenty of time left. Compare Pollard's kicking to ours.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Anyway regardless of what happens in the remaining games it looks like Aus may come last in this year's RC.

EDIT: Which is really odd considering the Super Rugby form was somewhat better this year than last year so what we can take away from it all is:

1) Argentina the biggest improvers
2) Boks also improved a bit
3) Wallabies stale or regressed

Games against the Boks should rather not be televised in Australia considering the state of the game there and the lack of support. It will surely do more harm than good - even in the victory Aus had in Australia. Equally terrible game to watch.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I also believe that if the trend had continued with the Boks falling behind early on (let's say we were 0-12 or 0-14 down again) we would not have managed to pull this through.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The Wallaby scrum was the best I saw in a long time.

Rassies defensive structures start paying dividends.

Defense won WCs and we are in the right direction.

Next week is going to be massive in Loftus

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
We are sadly lacking world class hookers as TPN Star has waned while no one else really stepped up as Folau and Brendan are not test standard hookers. While with Marx and Coles South Africa and NZ have the best in the business.

Status
Not open for further replies.