• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 1 SRA 2021 Queensland Reds v NSFW Waratahs

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, Tom Horton, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Sam Caird, Jack Whetton, Will Harris, Carlo Tizzano, Jack Dempsey, Jake Gordon (c), Will Harrison, James Ramm, Joey Walton, Izaia Perese, Alex Newsome, Jack Maddocks
Reserves: Dave Porecki, Tetera Faulkner, Sio Tatola, Jeremy Williams, Hugh Sinclair, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed, Mark Nawaqanitawase[/quote]

I know Swinton is suspended and Foketi and Wykes are injured, but where are Donaldson and Tepai?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, Tom Horton, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Sam Caird, Jack Whetton, Will Harris, Carlo Tizzano, Jack Dempsey, Jake Gordon (c), Will Harrison, James Ramm, Joey Walton, Izaia Perese, Alex Newsome, Jack Maddocks
Reserves: Dave Porecki, Tetera Faulkner, Sio Tatola, Jeremy Williams, Hugh Sinclair, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed, Mark Nawaqanitawase

Surely Donaldson would be in front of Edmund. Tepai at least a bench spot.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Very inexperienced but I like the side. Penney clearly not a fan of Moeroa, didn't get much of a run last year either. Reds should be licking their lips, but these youngsters have nothing to lose, they go in as raging underdogs. Around half the 23 named weren't even playing senior football in 2019!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Izaia Perese revenge game!! Hadn't prepared myself at all for this Tahs team, with Hooper gone feels like an entire generation has finished.

I find it a bit sad. No stars whatsoever, hopefully in a year or two these players will have turned into stars but it's a far cry from the Waratahs of yesteryear.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reserves: Dave Porecki, Tetera Faulkner, Sio Tatola, Jeremy Williams, Hugh Sinclair, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed, Mark Nawaqanitawase

I know Swinton is suspended and Foketi and Wykes are injured, but where are Donaldson and Tepai?[/quote]

Tepai - played last game in Super Rugby Au and looked ok but yet still can't crack a bench spot...Penny clearly not a fan...

Ps starting side ok I suppose but bench weak.....

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
It looks like the Reds are operating with whole front rows, BPA, Tupou and Hoopert are relegated to the bench without BPA. Not that Mafi/Zander/Fotuaika are weak scrummages by any measure.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I actually like the rationale of Tupou and Hoopert on the bench. You like to come home with a wet sail, you'd guess there'd be fewer scrums in the first 20, refs more patient and less willing to dole out penalties, etc. Tupou's ball running against tired bodies....

Alex Ross (28)
Surely Donaldson would be in front of Edmund. Tepai at least a bench spot.
Wonder if Tepai just doesn’t fit in the rest of the backline. There is some serious pace and mobility that may look to play at Mach 5. I really like Walton and Perese is also a talent. Edmed over Donaldson wasn’t anticipated but Penney deserves some leeway given he operates with a lot more intel. He hasn’t gone completely batshit crazy with things yet.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Tupou on the bench, LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) banned, Wright & BPA injured, Vunivalu in lockup.

Surely the Tahs are favourites considering the Reds are missing 4 and a half wallabies!?

Reactions: dru

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
I actually like the look of the Tah’s starting 15 , a lot to gain and not a lot to lose .

Interested to see how Walton and Perese go as a centre pairing and how those outside Perese go getting decent ball.

Can feel an ambush coming , Reds need to start well .

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
We are playing the Waratahs! Tupou and Hoopert only essential depending on the score at half time. Keep them fresh for Round 2. Let Mafi start for his 50th cap.

What does Mafi starting have to do with Hoopert or Tupou they play different positions. I certainly wouldn’t be starting Asiata on debut over Mafi.