• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 10: Waratahs vs Rebels @ SCG, Saturday 20 April

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Do Rebels not train for 2nd halves? What's with this. It seems they just go back to their U12s rugby in the final half, one out runners. Yawn, disappointing stuff.

the great Foley v Quade battle was pretty uninspiring, both doing stupid shit. Foley wins it with his try and slightly less stupid shit.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Rebels playing keep ball followed by a box kick just outside their 22 with a minute left was very odd.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wow, that was the most uninspiring game from any Aus team for many a long year. Rebels just had one plan which was to kick the ball away and they couldn't even do that with any success. Invariably, the ball was returned with interest. Wessels needs to free Quade up to play his game if he wants the Rebels to make the finals this year.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Naisarani and Hooper shaping up to be 7 & 8. Good game from both. Poor Maddocks, can't catch a break.

Happy with both 15s, decent runs and touches.

Banish all 12 front rowers from the game.

Koroibete is great fun to watch, might not do good, but it's fun to watch.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Everything is a mess this year. No consistency by any team bar the Crusaders who could probably have been a further 2 to 3 points clear at the top if not for a forced draw.

Just as the Rebels started building momentum they lose two in a row. Same for the Lions, same for the Sharks and so too the Bulls should have won at least one of the two games against the Chiefs and Jaguares and could have closed the gap a bit on the Crusaders.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The Rebels looked like they were playing for a draw in the final minutes. One off running just to build phases, very uninspiring. Agree with the comment above about this years comp being so inconsistent.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I was lucky enough to get into the Waratahs change room after the game. Nice touch by the Rebels to come in and see Hoopers 100th cap presentation. They then stayed and had beers with the Tahs. Reminded me of playing in the Bush when the home team hosted the visitors. Only lacked a boat race:)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I was lucky enough to get into the Waratahs change room after the game. Nice touch by the Rebels to come in and see Hoopers 100th cap presentation. They then stayed and had beers with the Tahs. Reminded me of playing in the Bush when the home team hosted the visitors. Only lacked a boat race:)

Nice hearing stories like that. With all the hyperbole in the media it's easy to think they're all vicious who hate each other and sportsmanship is dead.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Geeeeeeezzzz, this constant capitulation by the Rebels in the second half isn't helping a lot of players make their claim for the Wallabies, or is it a matter of the replacements not performing?

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Not much of a game to watch, but considering the conditions the tactics of kicking for position and playing in the opposition's half made sense. I'm sure a lot of the same people criticising all the kicking would be criticising the Tahs for trying to run the ball out of their half against a kiwi side that kept kicking to clear their won territory.

It was to a large extent about discipline, the Tahs giving away too many penalties in the first half, the Rebels in the 2nd. I thought the set piece was pretty even, each side won a lineout against the throw, the Rebels got one scrum penalty, but the Tahs probably should have got one as well. I just thought the Tahs showed a bit more in attack.

For the Tahs Hooper was massive, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) good again and once again Staniforth had a great cameo off the bench. He must be close to getting a run-on. Foley had a great second half, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was good, Beal caught and kicked well and I though Newsome had a really strong game. He's really stepping up to Super level.

For the Rebels Philip and Jones got through plenty of work and as usual Isi consistently carried over the gain line. Genia was good, as was Hodge. I though Cooper kicked well, but had trouble igniting the back line.

For me the biggest disappointment this year has been Coleman. I thought he had very little impact, and was probably the least impressive lock on the ground.