• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 12: Hurricanes vs Rebels - 04/05 - 3:15pm Westpac Stadium, Wellington

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yea, EH got pumped by Quins last weekend. Few wayward scores, no great for comp balance.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
I wonder if Pone will pack down at no.8 later in the game as can’t see the others been utilized anywhere in the pack other than upfront.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
With Haangana and Hosea on u20 duty - coleman, wilkins and hardwick must all be unavailable. Gotta be serious for your 5th prop to cover backrow.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
With Haangana and Hosea on u20 duty - coleman, wilkins and hardwick must all be unavailable. Gotta be serious for your 5th prop to cover backrow.

Will did his ACL on the saffa tour. Out for the year.

Coleman has a should injury. Not sure where he picked it up, or for how long he's out.

Hardwick - dunno. May line up for Quins this weekend.

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hardwick, Wilkin, Coleman and Tupai are all out through injury. Haangana and Hosea have been with the 20’s for the past two weeks, so it looks like Pone will be covering 6/8 this weekend

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
15 Jordie Barrett
14 Wes Goosen
13 Matt Proctor
12 Ngani Laumape
11 Chase Tiatia
10 Beauden Barrett (c)
9 Richard Judd
8 Reed Prinsep
7 Ardie Savea
6 Vaea Fifita
5 Isaia Walker-Leawere
4 James Blackwell
3 Jeff To'omaga-Allen
2 Asafo Aumua
1 Fraser Armstrong

Reserves

16 Ricky Riccitelli
17 Toby Smith
18 Alex Fidow
19 Kane Le'aupepe
20 Liam Mitchell
21 Du'Plessis Kirifi
22 Finlay Christie
23 James Marshall

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Canes have a rubbish pack and a platinum plated backline. If i was the Rebels i'd be looking to keep this game in tight.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Canes have a rubbish pack and a platinum plated backline. If i was the Rebels i'd be looking to keep this game in tight.

Forward pack plan - Give to Ardie. The rest takes care of itself.

Saying that, their tight five doesn't put the fear of god into me. So that's why they're probably gonna come out and smash our pack.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Forward pack plan - Give to Ardie. The rest takes care of itself.

Saying that, their tight five doesn't put the fear of god into me. So that's why they're probably gonna come out and smash our pack.
Even Ardie can't carry an entire pack

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The front rows are probably evenly matched (with Toby Smith who has 50 caps for the Rebels to come on for the 'Canes later).

I don't know much about the 2nd row, 6 & 8. But let's be optimistic and say we have the wood on them there. Also, TJ's replacement is a rookie at 26, Genia should really try to ruin his night. Once the ball gets to BB though......

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
We are in with a shot, a bonus point would be a solid result and inch us closer to the finals.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Is big Sam Jeffries not still with the squad? Pretty frustrating if he can't get on the bench ahead of a tighthead.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Not sure I quite down on the Canes pack as I was earlier in the year, think Aumua is coming on real nice at 2, Armstrong who I gave no credit at all too seems to have improved, Blackwell I keep saying is not big enough, but give the boy credit he got a bloody big heart and doesn't stop. All in all, I certainly wouldn't call them a real strong pack, but do think they a bit better than the rubbish we thought earlier.

Mind you I a Canes man and like to find positives!:)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ lineout is their big weakness, if I'm the Rebels I'm kicking for the corners all night & putting maximum pressure on Aumua to hit his target (which he doesn't always do) & of course their jumpers who're a little on the short side. Judd's not much of a kicker so I'd be sending my 7 & 9 down Beaugan's channel & my blindside winger to cover Judd should he opt to scoot.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fine but breezy (30km/h gusting mid-40's) in Wellywood tonight. It's a northerly which tends to swirl about a bit more than a southerly which mostly gets deflected up & over by the roof at that end.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I don't know if it's the defensive plan or just on Marika, but he's missed so many tackles, at least two tries have been from misses by him.