• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 13: Rebels v Reds @ Melbourne 10/5/19 7.45 pm

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
I am going to talk my book here, obviously, but I contend that Wessels and the coaching team have got the boys on track - they will play a tight game this week.

I'm the polar opposite. For the amount of cash the Rebels have spent, the amount of Wallaby caps spread throughout the squad, they are probably the most disappointing team in the Super competition. The Rebels have had what, two or three complete disasters of halves where their form goes from red hot to ice cold.

That to me points to either the Rebels lack fitness to finish off the game or coaching staff's inability to have a secondary game plan in place.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not reverse mockers. Even just look at the last game the Sunwolves. The Rebels were clinical and smashed them. We bumbled and fumbled despite having 2-3 man advantages at stages.

The Rebels lost on the weekend but were actually damn good for the 2nd half. The Canes scored 26 or so points in 20 minutes. Not much after that.

When the Rebels can consider benching Marika Koroibete, an incumbent wallaby, and we are scouring amatuer rugby for outside backs at the moment, there is a clear advatange. Even the set piece. We haven't been anywhere as effective as the previous years, and the Rebels were domiant over the Canes.

At 10 you have the guy most people should be the Wallaby ten agains the guy the Rebels gave up on about 3 or 4 years ago.

There is no way the Rebels should lose this game. I know I will be tipping them.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Whoever gets ‘rested’ this week, will go a long way to seeing who wins. Kerevi is still due a rest game or two, i can’t see it been a home game so leaves the few away games left. Quade is due a rest, so is Luke Jones and Naisarani all have been involved in the recent wallabies camp so will be under wallabies rest guidelines.

Pone's Mullet

Alex Ross (28)
Whoever gets ‘rested’ this week, will go a long way to seeing who wins. Kerevi is still due a rest game or two, i can’t see it been a home game so leaves the few away games left. Quade is due a rest, so is Luke Jones and Naisarani all have been involved in the recent wallabies camp so will be under wallabies rest guidelines.

I think Quade will get a rest when To'omua gets to Melbourne - should be in the next couple of weeks right? Leicester's last match of the season is this week

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Not reverse mockers. Even just look at the last game the Sunwolves. The Rebels were clinical and smashed them. We bumbled and fumbled despite having 2-3 man advantages at stages.

The Rebels lost on the weekend but were actually damn good for the 2nd half. The Canes scored 26 or so points in 20 minutes. Not much after that.

When the Rebels can consider benching Marika Koroibete, an incumbent wallaby, and we are scouring amatuer rugby for outside backs at the moment, there is a clear advatange. Even the set piece. We haven't been anywhere as effective as the previous years, and the Rebels were domiant over the Canes.

At 10 you have the guy most people should be the Wallaby ten agains the guy the Rebels gave up on about 3 or 4 years ago.

There is no way the Rebels should lose this game. I know I will be tipping them.

Well when you put it like that - Rebels by 20.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Rebels.

But an upset wouldn’t surprise. Looking forward to both teams pulling out their best.

Suspect Red tight 5 to (mostly) dominate but for it not to be enough.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
The Rebels are quite vulnerable when they get bashed around up front and can’t get quick ball. The Reds were successful in beating up the Sharks in Durban, I don’t see why they can’t do the same here.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)

Jeez Reg, this is where you need to use heart, not head!

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
Some interesting changes. Blyth starting against Coleman/Phillip could be interesting.

59889971_10156889910720236_2708121143784505344_o.png

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
That's a very solid, talented bench. If the Reds can hold out for the first 60, they could be in with a hope.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Really like the bench , hopefully can "finish" off the Rebels who have been not at their best at the back end of games.

Blyth to start, maybe test for LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto)?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Melbourne Rebels Match Day 23 v Queensland Reds, 10 May, kick off 7:45pm (EST)

Ins: Richard Hardwick
Outs: Tom English

1. Tetera Faulkner
2. Anaru Rangi
3. Jermaine Ainsley
4. Ross Haylett-Petty
5. Matt Philip
6. Luke Jones
7. Angus Cottrell (vc)
8. Isi Naisarani
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper