• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 17: Crusaders v Rebels

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
'Saders team.

Crusaders: David Havili, Sevu Reece, Jack Goodhue, Ryan Crotty, Braydon Ennor, Richie Mo'unga, Bryn Hall, Kieran Read, Matt Todd, Whetukamokamo Douglas, Sam Whitelock (captain), Scott Barrett, Michael Ala'alatoa, Andrew Makalio, Joe Moody. Reserves: Ben Funnell, Tim Perry, George Bower, Luke Romano, Jordan Taufua, Ere Enari, Brett Cameron, Ngane Punivai.
Goodnight sweep prince.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Would that be the strongest starting front row the Rebels have put out all year?

Crusaders taking no chances after last week's unexpected loss. Would be probably the strongest team they can put on the field too.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Would that be the strongest starting front row the Rebels have put out all year?

Crusaders taking no chances after last week's unexpected loss. Would be probably the strongest team they can put on the field too.

Sign of respect for the Rebels. Some great matchups across the park, should be a good game.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Let's not be too optimistic chaps. Rebels will get pumped after offering an honourable resistance to an overwhelming force of rugby. Happy to be proven wrong!

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The Rebels are going to get absolutely annihilated. Quade to come on with 10 to go and throw 2 intercepts. I've never been particularly taken with To'omua's attacking ability at 10. Good to see Uelese get a full game.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
How's the luck for Goddard. Rested against the hapless moondogs then fed like raw meat to the Crusaders

Rug&tug

Stan Wickham (3)
How's the luck for Goddard. Rested against the hapless moondogs then fed like raw meat to the Crusaders
Good to see him a get a chance but yeah, there’s a time and a place.
Looks like we’re gonna try and make a fist of it.. as long as it isn’t 80 odd like last time and the sadists don’t break anyone I’ll be happy enough.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)

Thanks Mr Wobbly. Can't say I disagree with your prediction. Noting that you started with a nice trip down memory lane from 2015 and what did we do then that we can do again now, is my thinking? Well, Stirzy was on top of his game, that's for sure, and it was early in the season, but they had a belief that they could win it, and win it they did. Stirzy also had a lot of mongrel in him, and he was smart.
Well there's no good harping on about him now, though, so what about the current team? Do they have what it takes to defeat the top NZ team? They need a strategy that attacks the actual team and individual team members they are playing and for me, I feel that Wessels has let them down on this a bit, they don't seem to have a tailored attack, more of a 'do what you can' game plan.
Whereas the Crusaders, usually, have a full on frontal driving attack that never gives up and chips away at opponents weaknesses until they get through.
Have they done enough work? hmm.
And on the subject of resting players - I do not agree with this especially when the chance of getting into the top 8 finals rests on such a knife edge - you have to do what it takes to get into the finals, what ever it takes (imo)

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Rain band looks to have moved through but it'll be 8-9C tonight & breezy (~30kph). Depending on wind direction it could also get a bit foggy. Either way it will be greasy & there will likely be dew.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ yeah, poor positional play & zero vision from DHP. Surprised me a little as he's normally pretty good on both counts.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
That last pass has to be forward, don't see how the touchy caniss that in front of him.