• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

RD 17: Crusaders v Rebels

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Rebels don't deserve to be anywhere near the finals.
In fairness they haven’t put their A team out but yes they look awful and all the Wallabies who are out there have been terrible. The only bloke I’ve noticed to be having a good game is Naisirani.

Pone's Mullet

Dave Cowper (27)
I am hanging out for the Rebels to make the finals for the first time. But Derpus I will admit I have thought at stages this afternoon if we are going to put in an effort like this we may as well not be there.

Unfortunately we don’t deserve it, and it doesn’t look like we really want it

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
TJ Booth Watch:

5se3p.jpg

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
When the siren went why didn't we kick into touch to minimise the damage .
Because collectively they are as dumb as dogshit. Who the fuck is the defence coach do they even have one. Every game they leave 30 m + free space on the edge, cost tries against Bulls, Tahs and now Cantabs. Same earlier in the year. Much vaunted backline not showing much, forwards holding their own imo.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
The worse thing is the Rebels had a good points difference before tonight. But not anymore. It could be important come next week.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
On the bright side with our financial difficulties we have a new sponsor.... IGA .... the old turnstiles in defence are getting a work out.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What an amateurish display.

1) To'omua is a very average 10 when confronted with a decent defence. He is a good 12.
2) Defence is not optional.
3) The skills deficit in Australian Players including basic positional awareness could not have been highlighted more.
4) Defence is not optional.

I have seen Club players 50+ years old and heart attack cases waiting to happen play with more conviction and execute the skills within their particular level better. Forgetting the score, the application to the game along with the execution of the skills has shown the farce that the Rebels side is. Put this on the wall Rebels - you are a joke. Not a true professional amongst you. You do not deserve to be a paid a wage for playing, a very bad joke.

Shaker

Ron Walden (29)
My god the Rebels just forgot they had the ball for a second. Took an age for anyone to hit that ruck.