• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 9: Sharks Vs Rebels - 23rd April 3:30am

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"In a contender for the worst Vodacom Super Rugby match not only of the 2017 season, but of all time, the Sharks and Rebels drew a tryless clash......."

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/sharks-rebels-draw-durban-snore-fest-20170422

I was going to put up some highlights but after reading that match report decided against it. That's the kinda scoreline we used to give the (then) 5N teams shit about back in the day. Hard to believe that two fully professional teams can go 80-odd minutes without scoring a try.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
URRRRRRRGHHHHHH!

That. Was. Horrible.

Shorkies did everything possible to not win.

Rebels gameplan:

If you get the ball in our 22, kick it away
If you get the ball in our half, kick it away
If you get the ball in their half, kick it away
If you get the ball in their 22, N/A

Well done, Will Miller - sensational debut.

Stirzacker should be benched for next week.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Here's the Sharks Red card for thetackle on Naivalu. This happened after the whistle had blown too.

Screen Shot 2017-04-23 at 7.46.19 am.png

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Australian and South African rugby is in dire straits. Derbies are for the most part dull affairs and this game just underlines once again that we are miles behind the Kiwis.

I have no idea what the answer is.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Australian and South African rugby is in dire straits. Derbies are for the most part dull affairs and this game just underlines once again that we are miles behind the Kiwis.

I have no idea what the answer is.

Watch the Shute Shield. Saturday arvos on SevenTWO. 3 pm. Great rugby.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
What was the 2nd yellow for? Have not had a chance to watch the game yet

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
URRRRRRRGHHHHHH!

That. Was. Horrible.

Shorkies did everything possible to not win.

Rebels gameplan:

If you get the ball in our 22, kick it away
If you get the ball in our half, kick it away
If you get the ball in their half, kick it away
If you get the ball in their 22, N/A

Well done, Will Miller - sensational debut.

Stirzacker should be benched for next week.
as i mentioned in the front page write up, clearly this weeks directive from TT and co was to "kick", but they forgot the chase part and the play whats in front of you part and the keep the ball in hand part (especially if you are struggling at line out) and the what to do if the opposition are a man down part. just really dumb rugby, again. i'm pissed because that was a perfect opportunity to win

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
"In a contender for the worst Vodacom Super Rugby match not only of the 2017 season, but of all time,"
Kind of wish I'd seen this one now, just to wallow in the shittiness of it all, maybe type up a play-by-play report on its shartstained glory. Not really worth staying up to watch any rugby from the republic though, poor Chiefs got Jaco Van Himmler mawching their bleck awses hawfway to the shanty town and back lawst week, comm's full-on hometown bias, TV producers in the pocket, all aboard and paid up to maximise chances their franchise is one of the saved in the corrupt as fuck crapshoot that is SA politics, get fucked, fuck off, they can fucken have it

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Both teams Should be disqualified from super rugby. Worst game in Many years. The rebels are so shit.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The rebels attack at the end of. The second half was so so bad. I haven't seen anything like it.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.