• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rd 9: Sharks Vs Rebels - 23rd April 3:30am

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Lol. Mate that game was so so bad

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
Don't get me wrong, that was worse than any European game I've watched since about 2010.

Not shying away from that, beyond hooray for points in South Africa.

But it's any excuse for a handful of Force Supporters at the moment, and at least in Rebels threads, I'm going to respond with a little condescending comment.

Condescending is when someone talks down to you.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Don't get me wrong, that was worse than any European game I've watched since about 2010.

Not shying away from that, beyond hooray for points in South Africa.

But it's any excuse for a handful of Force Supporters at the moment, and at least in Rebels threads, I'm going to respond with a little condescending comment.

Condescending is when someone talks down to you.
Not even about the dramah with us losing a team. It's just a shame. The rebels just don't look like they want to play rugby. Stirzaker is so bad atm And caption.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
as i mentioned in the front page write up, clearly this weeks directive from TT and co was to "kick", but they forgot the chase part and the play whats in front of you part and the keep the ball in hand part (especially if you are struggling at line out) and the what to do if the opposition are a man down part. just really dumb rugby, again. i'm pissed because that was a perfect opportunity to win

Swingpass Australian Rugby teams are not very good at playing what is in front of them.

TT also seems very inflexible regarding his game plan. There was a game a couple of seasons where in the first half the Rebels were scoring points but TT wasn't happy because we went outside his game plan. I think it was Bryce Hegarty that he was particularly unhappy with. In the second half we went back to incessant kicking and surprise we didn't score.

I know the match was ugly and we had a one man extra for just over 40 minutes (Hanson and Stirzaker were both off for 10 minutes during Esterhuizen time off). But given we were 0-11 in South Africa before this morning and given the start to the season we had I was happy with a draw.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Swingpass Australian Rugby teams are not very good at playing what is in front of them.

TT also seems very inflexible regarding his game plan. There was a game a couple of seasons where in the first half the Rebels were scoring points but TT wasn't happy because we went outside his game plan. I think it was Bryce Hegarty that he was particularly unhappy with. In the second half we went back to incessant kicking and surprise we didn't score.

I know the match was ugly and we had a one man extra for just over 40 minutes (Hanson and Stirzaker were both off for 10 minutes during Esterhuizen time off). But given we were 0-11 in South Africa before this morning and given the start to the season we had I was happy with a draw.
Don't understand why we took the draw, for one point and a penalty in position to go for a win? Should have gone for the corner and backed ourselfs. We had no ball and terriorty all half.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
In all seriousness, if we're talking Southland & Northland v full strength Sydney Uni, then a valiant effort but the Kiwi sides coming up trumps is the logical conclusion.

Paramatta/Penrith v Canterbury would look an awful lot like the Marsh/Klinger Partnership in the BBL a couple of years ago: 0-172

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Congrats to the Rebs on competition points in SA. It's a shame your forwards are such a mess because I really like your 10 - 15.

Not enough to go back and watch this one, but kudos all the same.

D

daz

Considering we had basically a new tight five (missing a few key players from the Brumbies game), I'll take the fucking 2 points any day of the week. No-one is going to remember the way they were won in a month's time, so screw it.

IF, and I mean IF, we beat the Lions this week, to come away from this tour with at least 6 points would be a fucking delight.

We had a terrible start to the season with a handful of Kiwi games and 2 byes, but I take comfort that in the back end of the season, we have 2 games in hand and the other Oz teams have yet to fully explore their personal pain against the Kiwi's. The Brumbies have just got a taste of it. Feels good, doesn't it? Maybe we aren't so far apart after all.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Haven't seen game, but was mildly interested to read Stirz got red carded for 2 yellows for purposeful knock ons. If you watched Mataele for Crusaders(against Stormers) scored a great try from an intercept where he ran through and knocked the ball up and caught it, I wondered if he missed the ball would he of been YC'ed as Stirzaker was? And Barrett lat week, show what a fine line there tends to be.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I have not watched the match yet. But if his action saved a certain try, maybe it was not dumb.
It did, but both times we had our 9 defending the short side on his own (Scrums 5-10 meters from side line). Not ideal when as soon as the opposition 9 comes short side he was out numbered 2-1.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It did, but both times we had our 9 defending the short side on his own (Scrums 5-10 meters from side line). Not ideal when as soon as the opposition 9 comes short side he was out numbered 2-1.

Yep, that sounds dumb.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
If it was a certain try, then surely a penalty try would/should have been awarded? Or was it?

EDIT : Of course not - no tries at all in a 9 all draw.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
If it was a certain try, then surely a penalty try would/should have been awarded? Or was it?
Only reason the 2nd was not, Sefa had got across and was the last defender on the replay. Was very lucky. 1st card was a long way from the try line.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
As abysmal as the game was, I am also liking Sefa looking like a stronger version of his 2014/15 self, rather than just the heavier one that we saw in 2016.

Last two games he's made very powerful runs down the tramlines, albeit without support or reward in this one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
in the run just before half time, he probably should have passed inside to English. went just a metre or two too far.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I haven't seen the game but was wondering how Miller and Sinclair faired, in your opinions?

From all accounts Miller played well - but is there any hope of him staying on long term?

With Reid, Fainga'a and McMahon you surely don't need another 7?

Perhaps the Force could use him?

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Sefa should have scored at least one try with the chances he had. Two really strong runs where he should be backing himself

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I haven't seen the game but was wondering how Miller and Sinclair faired, in your opinions?

From all accounts Miller played well - but is there any hope of him staying on long term?

With Reid, Fainga'a and McMahon you surely don't need another 7?

Perhaps the Force could use him?

Miller was my MOTM. The way he played, it didn't look like it was his first game of super rugby. I counted at least four pilfers, including the one to earn the 8o min penalty. He might have been kicking himself, as his ruck transgression cost us the 78 min penalty that allowed the Shorks to kick ahead. Live/die by the sword and all that...

For me, he looked more like the classic pilfer 7, as opposed to the linking 7. But, only seen him play one game, so I'm no expert.

I hear the Reds are after 7, so maybe they could offer him a gig (and we keep Sean Mac).

Status
Not open for further replies.