• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Owen will be on a 4 week contract with the Rebels starting next week...

And from what Jake said in the Crimes today, the Brumbies don't want him back...

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
On Saturday night driving home from the stadium listening to 666 ABC Canberra I heard Marco Caputo drop a corker about Cipriani. "The Rebels spent big money on Cipriani and judging from what I've heard on the grapevine, his best performances in Melbourne have been off the field." Tim Gavel, the head commentator, nearly had a heart attack.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
The trouble is, or at least was when I looked at it last, that some of the contract end dates of Rebels players are not known. The old contract list wiki had more queries about the end dates of the players than certainties.

If folks could start listing the end dates of players for the current roster on the Rebels 2013 thread we could come up with a recruitment strategy for the team.

Please do not list end dates of contracts for players unless a link to the info, which mentions the contract term, is provided.

On the old wiki there was uncertainty about Tessman, Blake, Henderson, Pyle, Byrnes, Campbell, Jones, Davidson, Saffy, Lipman, Phipps, Huxley, Johansson, Vuna and Gerrard.

There was doubt on Delve and Mitchell also but because of articles mentioning likely moves by them we can probably take it that their contracts terminate this year.

Reminder - no info without a link.

PS I will copy and paste this on the 2013 thread.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Just heard on the radio when walking the dogs. JOC (James O'Connor) is out for 6 weeks. Lacerated his liver when colliding with Barnes in the Tahs game.

Could miss the first few test matches.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Press release went out 11pm last night, confirming the 6 weeks. :mad:

Looks like Mortlock might make a return (via the bench) against the Bulls. Inman to possibly start.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Saffy gone for the season. MRI after the Waratahs game in Sydney revealed a bulging disc in his neck. FARK

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
It's a bit worrying that the Number 7 we've hired to cover our injuries is already carrying a groin injury with a tendency to flare-up.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Oh yeah forget he flew in on Saturday night. Wonder if Hodson was on a 1 game contract.

Who is Hodson, the only info I could find on him is that he played in WA at some point.

I spent Friday night yelling "WHO ARE YOU" whenever he was mentioned or came on the field. Nobody got the joke but me.

Status
Not open for further replies.