• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

blues recovery

Billy Sheehan (19)
What did the Rebels not see in Weeks in 2011? He went from rhookie of the year to falling off the radar while they persisted with lesser players. Is there issues going on in the background?

Weekes was behind Sommerville last year . Wasnt the initial plan but Yodas form was too good to refuse. Look for Saffy to be developed as a 7 and fininsh 2012 as the number two openside in the country behind Pocock.

T

TOCC

the backrow is actually pretty good..

i think the fundamental problem with the Rebels last year was there overall defensive strategy... yes they had a lot of players missing tackles, but in many instances the players were in positions where they were unlikely to be able to complete the tackle either..

I can only imagine having muggleton, a extra year playing together and a bit more experience for the coaches is going to improve that.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Weekes was behind Sommerville last year . Wasnt the initial plan but Yodas form was too good to refuse. Look for Saffy to be developed as a 7 and fininsh 2012 as the number two openside in the country behind Pocock.

Yeah Yoda had a great season but the other side of the scrum was an issue. Please correct if wrong but my understanding is both Yoda and Weeks can play both sides.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Look for Saffy to be developed as a 7 and fininsh 2012 as the number two openside in the country behind Pocock.

That's rubbish. Saffy is quite good, I was impressed but he still has a long way to go before higher honours. He needs to develop his game more, especially being more effective at the breakdown and attack and not just a defensive worker. How can he finish the second best openside when he doesn't even play there yet.

A

Army_Gav

That's rubbish. Saffy is quite good, I was impressed but he still has a long way to go before higher honours. He needs to develop his game more, especially being more effective at the breakdown and attack and not just a defensive worker. How can he finish the second best openside when he doesn't even play there yet.
Who needs a awesome openside when you have Ged at the breakdown?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah Yoda had a great season but the other side of the scrum was an issue. Please correct if wrong but my understanding is both Yoda and Weeks can play both sides.

I'm surprised they persisted with Henderson so much when they could've had 1. Somerville 3. Weeks...

Kevinsons

Frank Nicholson (4)
I agree re: Pyle. He showed a lot of promise (still can't get over that intercept) this season, and a couple of the locks that started in front of him this season have finished up, so it will be interesting to see what he can make of it. I would like to see him use his size a bit more in D - and hopefully that is what Muggleton is sorting out at the moment.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Noticed on the Rebels website that Gareth Delve gave the 'Christmas messages to the fans', isn't this something the captain would do? Horwill does it on the Wallaby site. Is Delve the Rebels captain for 2012?

RyanP

Bob McCowan (2)
I have always liked having a ball playing IC who can switch with fly half. I think it is something that Cipriani needed last year. Also, when they turn the ball over in Defence, JOC (James O'Connor) will be in a position to run the play while Cipriani resets from his defensive structure

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Noticed on the Rebels website that Gareth Delve gave the 'Christmas messages to the fans', isn't this something the captain would do? Horwill does it on the Wallaby site. Is Delve the Rebels captain for 2012?
I think Stirling was on holiday. The captain/VC are the same as 2011.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Who needs a awesome openside when you have Ged at the breakdown?

Here's some stats (Rugby Stats) for Robinson: Didn't feature in the Top 20 for Most Pilfers, featured at no. 5 for Pick & Drives (with 30) but sadly his downfall was Turnovers (at no. 5 with 41).

I think he's an aggressive and promising player but has a long way to go with his accuracy before we get too excited....

Status
Not open for further replies.