• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I know nothing of this player. Is he trialing for an EPS spot?

He is trailing for EPS at both the reds and rebels I think. Went to marist ashgrove, has played league and union.

I reckon the bloke Taumata from sunnybank is a better option at this stage. And Sam Lane is a better option than all of them, but there is talk he is going to the tahs.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
It's just rising gear, they've been handing it out like rabodirect seat cushions.

At least 10 different blokes at my gym have it, 1 or 2 played in the regional comp.

T

tranquility

Sam Lane is the best unsigned flyhalf prospect in the country by a margin, I hope he doesn't ruin his career at the Tahs as he will be very important for Aussy rugby. Taumata I have seen a bit of, and he is a solid proposition. Would far rather Lane, hopefully the Flower Lads implode further and sign the wrong bloke.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Sam Lane is the best unsigned flyhalf prospect in the country by a margin, I hope he doesn't ruin his career at the Tahs as he will be very important for Aussy rugby. Taumata I have seen a bit of, and he is a solid proposition. Would far rather Lane, hopefully the Flower Lads implode further and sign the wrong bloke.

Lane's big issue is demonstrating he has two legs that work.

If he can do that, and it appears with Chieka as coach he should get some decent opportunities to develop.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
After watching Tyler Bleyendaal play for Canterbury last night, I have to say the rebels could do worse than to bring him over for a few seasons. He wouldn't be up to it straight away, and normally I am against bringing in foreigners instead of taking a chance on young australian players, but the way this kid runs with the ball he just reminds me so much of larkham.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Rumor has it Sam Lane will be in Tah land next year? QLD were chasing him but haven't heard much on that in a while.
Taumata would be good for you guys, but again I think QLD may be chasing him, seeing as Louis Frisby seems to be unavailable now.

T

tranquility

I think they'd be behind another QLDer playing down here, Rohan Saifoloi

Yeah Rohan deserves a shot forsure, he as well as Jordy Tuapou from that fantastic State High team from a few years back are players that all franchises should be keeping an eye on.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Rumor has it Sam Lane will be in Tah land next year? QLD were chasing him but haven't heard much on that in a while.
Taumata would be good for you guys, but again I think QLD may be chasing him, seeing as Louis Frisby seems to be unavailable now.
What's Louis doing now?

And salifoloi was a freak during school and apparently is doing Well foR southern districts so wouldn't be bad signing

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)

I liked the look of Lane. But damn he's in need of a pre-season.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Yeah Rohan deserves a shot forsure, he as well as Jordy Tuapou from that fantastic State High team from a few years back are players that all franchises should be keeping an eye on.
God damn that was one of the best Schoolboy sides. Smashed their closest rivals Nudgee by 35pts. Untouchable side (Browning, Alo-Emile, Lagavesi, Faulkner, Garland, F'Sautia, Salifoili and Tupou)

T

tranquility

Who is Lagavesi and Garland and what are they doing now?

There was Jordy Tuapou and Will Tupou, miraculous team really.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Joey Lagavesi was at Easts but moved to GPS where he has been starting on the wing for them. Matt Garland was with the Gold Coast Titans, then back at GPS last season aswell, not sure where he is this year though. But yes unstoppable team.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
God damn that was one of the best Schoolboy sides. Smashed their closest rivals Nudgee by 35pts. Untouchable side (Browning, Alo-Emile, Lagavesi, Faulkner, Garland, F'Sautia, Salifoili and Tupou)

I went out to watch their first game of the season v terrace as I had heard good things about this side. I think they put 40-50 points on a terrace side that had Liam Gill, Con Foley, Mat Lucas, Ged O'Hare, Maranta from the broncos. Think the young hooker from easts prems might have been playing for terrace that day as well.

State high were just strong in every position that year.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Joey Lagavesi was at Easts but moved to GPS where he has been starting on the wing for them. Matt Garland was with the Gold Coast Titans, then back at GPS last season aswell, not sure where he is this year though. But yes unstoppable team.

But seriously why is Louis frisky out of contention

Status
Not open for further replies.