• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Why would he need an exemption? He is a capped All Black so I would have thought that there would be an issue. On that side of things at least.

Edit - Gaffachino beat me to it... I sould read all posts before commenting.

I believe it's because he played in Japan last year that he is classed as an 'overseas' player. He is also intending to go back after the Super Rugby season.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Really? But there are heaps of them this year that have played in Japan and have returned. Are they all classed as 'overseas' players? Jerome Kaino?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I believe so, yes. The thing is Jermoe Kaino would probably the only 'overseas' player at the Blues, where at the Highlanders they already have Tanaka. I think the issue is here that NZ super teams can only have one 'overseas' player, irrespective if they have played for the All Blacks.

i'm no NZ rules expert, but I'm sure the are a few reading this thread. Anyone?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I thought the difference was that Kaino has finished his stint in Japan whereas Ellison is still contracted over there and still wanted to play in Japan and New Zealand.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Cool. Do we reckon Rokobaro comes into the starting 15, Male starts where he finished, or Woodward starts on the wing and Gus plays fullback (shudder).

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk
Male should start. He's a big, physical, presence who made the most of his opportunity. Rokobaro to the bench instead of Roberts.

T

Tip

Quade & Mowen the only Aussies in the Dirty Dozen
For anyone that's curious the other 10 are: Fracois Uys, Van der Walt, Vermeulen, Whitely, Boshoff, Conrad Smith, Engelbrecht, De Allende, De Villiers, Visser & Piutau

For the Rebels only Pyle has played every minute. Higgers has played all but 3 minutes. Ellison all but 1.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Haven't see this before

Introducing Cruze the jumping prop.....
10002980_710825208968470_1066073151_n.jpg

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
For those twitter-minded folk out there, Rob Clarke is on the @MelbourneRebels account answering fans' questions.

Another tip of the hat the the club for their openness and interaction with fans. Keeping fans within the fold in like this is an easy win and goes a long way.

Search for #AskRebelRob for the full run-down of questions and responses.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Lahiff playing club rugby, a bit harsh after his performance last week. Hope it's just so he gets use to playing 80 minutes.

Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Lahiff playing club rugby, a bit harsh after his performance last week. Hope it's just so he gets use to playing 80 minutes.

Sent from my LG-E975K using Tapatalk

Running around the 'burbs with other blokes short on lung capacity isn't going to improve his fitness! He's a gazelle compared to some of the forwards getting about in club-land.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Running around the 'burbs with other blokes short on lung capacity isn't going to improve his fitness! He's a gazelle compared to some of the forwards getting about in club-land.

Playing against Quins it won't be to easy on him, they have a good pack to compete against. Surprised they have left him behind when in NZ, assume the team is staying in NZ and not coming back and flying over again.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

The Rebels players for always amongst the best on the pitch but they don't exactly waltz around scoring tries with every touch either.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Saia Fainga'a in a potential move to the Rebels? Or even a potential international Hooker? Could Perhaps Payto and Panda could be on to something? Saia hasn't had the best form this year and I'd pick Hanson over him in my starting side (based on current form). Still, lots of experience.

With Tom coming back next year and Pat and Shota playing well, did I miss a memo where one of those three were potentially on the move? does the international deal for Shota expire or something? Added insurance?

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/...ach-backs-fifita/story-fndpt9s1-1226873943467

Status
Not open for further replies.