• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That would be a good move for both parties and Anthony too given how many centres the Reds have and if Ellison leaves.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
13403d1376677766t-what-happened-elrar-why-not-both.jpg

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Because we'd then have too many centers. We've got Mitchie, Tamati (remember he wants to go back, but NZRU might say no), Tom Kingston, Tom English (although he's making a good name for himself on the wing) and I think another EPS player.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm not 100% sure, but I thought unless you got a specific exemption (Like we did with Ged and Delve), international players couldn't do more than 2 years at a Souper side.

Anyway, I don't mind the Fanga twins, but I'd prefer to chase Lilo, Tapuai, Giteau and K. Hunt. Not all of them obvs, but 2 of them would potentially be nice.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Don't forgot not one Fainga'a can seem to string enough games together with out injury. Much better prospects than signing 2 28 year old's for publicity.

Kemueu Valetini should be signed as a center next year if thats a spot to fill.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Don't worry how many games they can string together,worry about how many passes they can string together.
Rebels have enough eager defenders.they need some skill,he has none.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i think it much more likely the twins will go overseas, and probably this year. it is unlikely ant will feature at all in the wobs calculations and his brother may fins himself further down the pecking order with both charles and hanson ahead of him.
i would like lilo or tapuai to come home, especially if tamati ellison goes back to NZ, as is likely

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Nice little boost for Jason's confidence - link is looking at him and appears to be impressed. The summaries the current frustrations about Jason's game rather nicely:

There is still a certain scattiness about his game that causes the Rebels occasional grief at Super Rugby level. At Test level, he would be even more exposed. Good rugby players see one option and take it. Great rugby players see three options and take the best one. And then there is Woodward, who sees the three options but tries to take all three of them at once.

I think it's on the mark and I hope/believe this will be ironed out of his game. And i hope he sticks around and qualifies/plays for the Wallabies. Perhaps the article was a means to remind woody that he has a strong change of wearing gold, or even a flag to the Folau camp that we have other potential full back options.
Frankly, I'd be happy if he just keeps on wearing the 5-stars.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...r-national-side/story-e6frg7o6-1226874017415#

(behind a paywall, but you can view using the usual Google news trick).

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Tonight confirms to me that we need at least 1, perhaps 2 genuine kickers.

Hegarty and Gus both have pop gun boots, Woodward is inconsistent, Ellison and Sau don't seem to bother, or be flash when they do.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I think people's opinion of Lilo is inflated.

See what I did there? Lilo....... Inflated....... oh never mind

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Lilo recently bought a house in Canberra after living there for 7+ years.........

Any significance in his future plans?

Probably not..........

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Doesn't matter where they but a house, people move all the time for work and professional rugby players are the same.

The ponies will find it NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to keep their current stable of stars and remain under the cap. A lot of them come out of contract soon and they will want top dollar. Lilo is no different to any of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.