• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
We put up with 3 years of Ged having 2-3 shocking throws per game. I think we can handle Pat's 1-2 off throws per game.

My point was more Pat would make these throws in the space of 20min, Ged would do this over 80min. Bit of a difference.

D

daz

And let's not forget Cruze Ah-Nau. I'm very pleased with what I have seen this year.

Smart recruiting to get him here when no-one else wanted him, and very pleased to see him re-sign.

D

daz

My point was more Pat would make these throws in the space of 20min, Ged would do this over 80min. Bit of a difference.

Well, to be fair, the thing that took years off my life the last few seasons was we would almost always turn the ball over during an attacking line-out.

I like Gedi, don't get me wrong, but by God I was pleased to see him leave. Just like Nic Phipps. Great blokes who were slowly killing me.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
And let's not forget Cruze Ah-Nau. I'm very pleased with what I have seen this year.

Smart recruiting to get him here when no-one else wanted him, and very pleased to see him re-sign.

And with the rise of Cruz, it makes life a little difficult for big Max. Thought I would have seen more of him on the paddock this year. Probably taken him a little longer to adjust to Super rugby, whereas Cruz had had some time to get prepared and has taken his chances this year. I think Max can play both sides of the scrum, which is always handy.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Having guys like Fualau, Rokobaro and Eddie counting towards an international cap is pretty stupid.

I would understand it if blokes like Hines or Parks chose to come to Australia, but these blokes have been playing their rugby in Aus for years, why should they count towards internationals.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Having guys like Fualau, Rokobaro and Eddie counting towards an international cap is pretty stupid.

I would understand it if blokes like Hines or Parks chose to come to Australia, but these blokes have been playing their rugby in Aus for years, why should they count towards internationals.

Because they can't be capped for Australia. The goal is so they're not taking spots from otherwise eligible players.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

Between the 3 of them they don't really count for a lot of experience being lost. Better off offloading and building depth. A shame that it just never worked out as both Eddie and Rokobaro have been in Melbourne for a couple of years and just didn't show enough.

T

Train Without a Station

If every player in the world is available right now and within the rebels price range then yes. As they are not, each one of these players serves a purpose that a local player did not at the time.

Have the rebels even exhausted their international allocation?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
If every player in the world is available right now and within the rebels price range then yes. As they are not, each one of these players serves a purpose that a local player did not at the time.

Have the rebels even exhausted their international allocation?

Yes. 2+1 fulfilled with Shota and Ellison as the regular internationals along with Male as the Japanese international.

In terms of the... Uncapped players, we have Veanu, Woodward and Fuglistaller, not sure of any others, and don't know the limit.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought there was a restriction on the 'development' players too? ie. players that aren't capped to another country but aren't eligible for the Wallabies yet. I guess the Rebels/Force have had that waived but I believe the Brums/Tahs/Reds still have only 1 foreign + 1 development allowance.

T

Train Without a Station

Don't the rebels and the force have additional exemptions?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The Rebels and Force have a 2+1 international limit, in addition to a higher cap on development players.

The big 3 have 1+1+1 I think (international + Japanese + development).

T

Train Without a Station

The force have steenkamp, stynard, Mathewson and ebherson don't they?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Ebherson technically counts as a development player. Assuming one the other 3 does as well it's not an issue.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Growden troll of the week, grains of salt used.

- An in-form overseas player with an Australian province wants out, and is keen to go home. Ewen McKenzie should feel worried, as he has his sights on this player.

Can't help but wonder if he's talking to one of our boys. Far as I know our internationals are happy here. I should stop reading his crap, but it's like watching a car crash.

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/rugby/story/226475.html

T

Train Without a Station

The only player I can think of is Jason Woodward. Anybody else anybody thinks it could potentially be? Speight has re-signed so that rules him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.