• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Heard from a source that Burgo could be back as early as 3 weeks which would put him in the long shot category.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
The fact they are chasing Hook perhaps indicates the deal with Barnes is taking far too long to close or on shaky ground. Dunno if the Rebels are hanging out to see if Tamati re-signs as that may have an impact on decision making. As much as i'd like to Re-sign Tamati, we can't wait forever. The Reds will be on a massive spending spree over the next few months and we may miss our window if we don't seal the deal.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I wouldn't have Hook starting over anyone we've currently got. Next year if Ellison goes put English or Kingston to centre and give Veainu a proper run on the wing. We'll be fine. We really, really, don't need a utility back.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Obviously Barnes is number one, but if we're going after a NH fly half, I'd prefer to go chasing Dan Parks.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Hook is another Cipriani in the making.

I may have jumped the gun and got my Welshmen mixed up. I suspect I was thinking of Mike Phillips and his documented issues with the bottle, and added a touch of Gavin Henson and his team-first ethos.

Apologies to James Hook's mum for my unwarranted attack on her son.

That said he'd be below Barnes and Harris in the pecking order, particularly given he'd be a constrained signing as an import.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I think Jones should be in, and probably Smith also.
Neville is a REAL hot chance, he is playing well

Neville is one of the big improvers in Super Rugby this year. I wrote of him earlier that if you are built like Tarzan, you have to play like Tarzan, not Jane or Cheetah. (Younger folks can Google these names.)

I don't know why Hugh Pyle was down on effectiveness so much that McGahan decided to make the switch but it has electified Neville. Remember seeing the Rebel's bench earlier in the seson and seeing his glum face?

No more.

If they chose a squad of 40 as they usually do at the start for opposed sessions and looking at new blokes, a lot of guys will make it.

Jones is a real chance to even go further: into a matchday team; and if there is anything wrong with Fardy, he will be.

There could be a big change in the Wallabies' props roster this year. The Tahs guys are not exactly killing them at scrum time: they even have trouble getting the timing of their push right.

Cheika coaches the scrums and I think he should sack himself. But, this is a Rebels' thread and I digress.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Another Rebels re-signing being announced today. I wonder who it is? According to Rebels tweet he is having a brilliant season. I wonder if it is Woodward.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Another Rebels re-signing being announced today. I wonder who it is? According to Rebels tweet he is having a brilliant season. I wonder if it is Woodward.

Shits me how they tease like that :) Current speculation is Woody. Jones, Lorenzo have also been mentioned. Think Luke is already signed-up until end of 2015.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Fingers crossed for Woodward then, I know the Canes are chasing him too but he's almost guaranteed to do better over here than be stuck behind Smith, Dagg and Piatau.

Who else is up at the end of this year and is 'popular'? Weeks, Ellison?

Status
Not open for further replies.