• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Last night was brutal in the contact area. It'll be interesting to see how the walking wounded got through.

Does anyone know where a non-foxtel subscriber can access a full replay of the match? The good accounts on youtube have progressively been culled, and there are often torrent packs of games but that's sometimes a bit iffy.

Any ideas?
A friend swears by acrossthetasman.com however you need to be invited I think.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Hooray for worst case scenario next game. Higgers maybe suspended. McMahon and Foketi on U20s. Horie and Sau for Japan. Fuglistaller, Hegarty, Ellison, Burgess and Weeks joining the injury list.

1. Smith
2. Leafa
3. Alo-Emile
4. Neville
5. Pyle
6. Jones
7. Colby
8. Timani
9. Meehan/Holmes
10. Roberts/Debreczeni
11. Veanui
12. Inman
13. English
14. Kingston
15. Woodward
16. Faulau
17. Lahiff
18. Ah Nau
19. Jeffries
20. Reid
21. Holmes/Meehan
22. Debreczeni/Roberts
23. Rokobaro

Leaving Aholelei as the only member of the squad fit and eligible not in the 23.

Yay!

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
fugs, ellison and burgess almost certainly out, whats up with hegarty, he is limping after every game, weekes ?
i would be very surprised if higgers is cited for either the bump or the head butt

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ I think that they've got 48 hours after the game to cite a player on review of the tapes, or official complaint from the opposition.

Higgers may yet escape sanction.

Grickles

Bob McCowan (2)
Male had a cracking good game yesterday. Shota was solid without being spectacular and was benched with half an hour left. As a test match it didn't look much more than an opposed training run though.
Are you talking about their game against Korea? Some good tries were scored but that was mostly because Korea's defence wasn't fit for a u16's rep side, and it becomes even worse when you consider Korea is the third best Asian team. Makes you wonder how Japan are supposed to develop if this is the level of their regional opposition

Grickles

Bob McCowan (2)
Hooray for worst case scenario next game. Higgers maybe suspended. McMahon and Foketi on U20s. Horie and Sau for Japan. Fuglistaller, Hegarty, Ellison, Burgess and Weeks joining the injury list.

1. Smith
2. Leafa
3. Alo-Emile
4. Neville
5. Pyle
6. Jones
7. Colby
8. Timani
9. Meehan/Holmes
10. Roberts/Debreczeni
11. Veanui
12. Inman
13. English
14. Kingston
15. Woodward
16. Faulau
17. Lahiff
18. Ah Nau
19. Jeffries
20. Reid
21. Holmes/Meehan
22. Debreczeni/Roberts
23. Rokobaro

Leaving Aholelei as the only member of the squad fit and eligible not in the 23.

Yay!

Try Debreczeni out at 10, he's a big fly-half and got the skills to back it up. He also coincidentally comes from the best club team in the world (biased? Me? What are you talking about?)

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Would be annoying but not unexpected. To lose your top 2 scrummies is irritating. Not really a better time than now to go calling for an experienced replacements, with all but about 10 teams in the NH finished their seasons.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
Try Debreczeni out at 10, he's a big fly-half and got the skills to back it up. He also coincidentally comes from the best club team in the world (biased? Me? What are you talking about?)
All for this - Hegarty just doesn't do it for me - I think j deb to at least come off the bench

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member

1. Smith
2. Leafa
3. Alo-Emile
4. Neville
5. Pyle
6. Jones
7. Colby
8. Timani
9. Meehan/Holmes
10. Roberts/Debreczeni
11. Veanui
12. Inman
13. English
14. Kingston
15. Woodward
16. Faulau
17. Lahiff
18. Ah Nau
19. Jeffries
20. Reid
21. Holmes/Meehan
22. Debreczeni/Roberts
23. Rokobaro

Yay!

Chatting to Laurie on Twitter he described as a 'standard rolled ankle'. One think a Prop never wants is a dodgy ankle. Assessment today and announced tomorrow in the injury report.

I'm hoping a whole bunch of ice, physio and the week off the running track will do it wonders. Then again, it would just be our luck to lose a whole bunch of players right after a win.

Aside from burgo who looks stuffed for a number of weeks, i don't think we will have a lot out through injury.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Are you talking about their game against Korea? Some good tries were scored but that was mostly because Korea's defence wasn't fit for a u16's rep side, and it becomes even worse when you consider Korea is the third best Asian team. Makes you wonder how Japan are supposed to develop if this is the level of their regional opposition

You just had to take a look at the scrums (including the try off the back of the scrum around the 71st) to get a basic summation of the match. Korea were never in it, never going to be. Only saw them do a couple of crappy little runs (one-off stuff), where Japan seemed to organize much better and make easy meters with ball in hand.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Chatting to Laurie on Twitter he described as a 'standard rolled ankle'. One think a Prop never wants is a dodgy ankle. Assessment today and announced tomorrow in the injury report.

I'm hoping a whole bunch of ice, physio and the week off the running track will do it wonders. Then again, it would just be our luck to lose a whole bunch of players right after a win.

Aside from burgo who looks stuffed for a number of weeks, i don't think we will have a lot out through injury.

It was simply for my own amusement rather than anything else. I've done it multiple times with Glasgow over the course of the season.

Still, outside of the halves and the non-front row reserves, its hardly a bad side.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
It was simply for my own amusement rather than anything else. I've done it multiple times with Glasgow over the course of the season.

Still, outside of the halves and the non-front row reserves, its hardly a bad side.

A week up at the Sparks road sheds would make sure they are perfect for the match. Pints, Pasta and more Pints - fixed everything after a Thursday training, eh? :)

T

Train Without a Station

He was also GAGR man of the match, so you're on your own there pal.

Grickles

Bob McCowan (2)
I do think Hegarty is a good player and I'm expecting him to come into his own with a few more years of experience. I'd just like to see how Debreczeni would perform at the Super level coming off the bench, at the very least it would grow depth in a position where we don't have much

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I do think Hegarty is a good player and I'm expecting him to come into his own with a few more years of experience. I'd just like to see how Debreczeni would perform at the Super level coming off the bench, at the very least it would grow depth in a position where we don't have much
Agreed he is good I think j deb has the potential to be great ! Can't wait to see him play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.