• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I read that Josh Holmes as been signed as an "injury replacement" for the ranga.
Is the Ranga hurt injured, or "Rugby League injured"(out of form & been replaced)?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
I read that Josh Holmes as been signed as an "injury replacement" for the ranga.
Is the Ranga hurt injured, or "Rugby League injured"(out of form & been replaced)?

Injured, ankle again sadly. Probably 5 - 6 weeks.

Apparently he doesn't like the name 'ranga'; being a fellow ranga I find this strange and I embrace my ranga-ness (albeit diminishing). I've gone with the name 'little red', with complements with the name 'big red' that I've given to Sam Jeffries. I'm hoping it will stick...

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Not in the same class as the Brumbies duo, but I'll take his boot any day of the week.

And who knows, given a fresh environment and a bit more responsibility as playmaker he may just shine more than he does with QC (Quade Cooper) at the helm?

If we cant't decide between Barnes or Harris, could we make bold bid for both?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The fates of Edward, Tamati, Shota and Male will probably play a reasonable part in our recruitment for next season.

The first two from a positional perspective, the latter 3 from an international one.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Woodward.

Old joke.

Why does Edward Woodward have so many 'd's in his name?

Because without them he would be Ewar Woowar.

Stupid joke that I probably shouldnt have tried to make.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Injured, ankle again sadly. Probably 5 - 6 weeks.

Apparently he doesn't like the name 'ranga'; being a fellow ranga I find this strange and I embrace my ranga-ness (albeit diminishing). I've gone with the name 'little red', with complements with the name 'big red' that I've given to Sam Jeffries. I'm hoping it will stick.
Which is basically the season.
Maybe I am just too cynical?

Jimmy C

Allen Oxlade (6)
i'd agree with that.

woodward is contracted till the end of 2015 at least, i believe

I believe his is only contracted till the end of this season.
Last week Rob Clarke was on twitter taking questions. I asked if there was news coming about Woodard's possible re-signing....answer "We are hopeful to have this resolved in the near term". A very standard business answer :rolleyes:

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Re next year. I don't really want us to sign Harris. I think he is a northern hemisphere style player and if we can keep Ellison and sign Barnes that would be better. Boot aside I just don't see what Harris offers

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Harris is a better option than Gus Roberts, and at this point in time, he's better than Debreczeni as well.

Is that a good enough reason to recruit him? I don't know.

I like him, but if he's recruited at the expense of either Barnes or Ellison, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
You can watch Shota Horie and Male Sa'u play for Japan v South Korea tomorrow at 1pm on Eurosport (Foxtel channel 511).

T

Train Without a Station

Fair bit of unwarranted hubris from Reds fans here. Can and should do better than Mike Harris?

I find it odd that the perennial cellar dwellars of Aus with little to no depth at 10/12 and 15 can and should do better than a Wallaby, Super Rugby winning utility who has still probably been one of the best 5 players in an average Reds outfit in 2014.

Don't worry, I reckon he'd think he can and should do better than the Rebels too anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.