• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Don't buy that. He's always been pretty conservative, but got gun-shy after the head knocks and started kicking the ball away constantly. I won't be at all surprised if he comes down here, since McGahan is clearly after a kicking flyhalf, but I reckon he'll shit the Rebels faithful to tears.

The kicking started before the head knocks. He was fucking tough and still is really, especially for a 10. I certainly wouldn't call him gun shy.

Why does he kick so much? I think he was just playing a standard "kick out of your half unless there's an opportunity" game plan. Plenty of teams play that way but the player discretion on the word "opportunity" means that some run a lot and some kick a lot. He's a conservative kind of guy so he kicked.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yes i have come to the conclusion that it will be better longterm to nurture hegarty and debreczeni, perhaps cut roberts loose and find a mentor only if one is willing and able to commit 2 -3 seasons at a reasonable price, barnes would fit the mould nicely.
otherwise BRING BACK DANNY ! :p

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Colby Fainga'a staying til the end of 2016. Interestingly, he makes mention of the hos brothers being no chance to head to the Rebels.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...melbourne-rebels/story-fni2fxyf-1226910777063

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Barnes could be really good for us but, if his brief is to catch it and kick it then I'm not sure he's the right bloke. If Tamati leaves maybe BB at 12 and Mitch back at 13 could be a good option?

I wonder if anyone is talking to Khoder Nasser?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
So with Colby signing on for another two years, the back row will be a combination of higginbotham, fuglistaller, Fainga'a, McMahon +/- timani presumably, so it would seem Reid is on the outer. A big shame IMO. (addit. Reid is signed till 2016)
Hope Fainga'a bulks up to fulfill a line bending 6 or has TT developed a new paradigm for backrow balance.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
The Rebels have signed Josh Holmes as an injury replacement for Nic Stirzaker. Holmes definitely has plenty of experience with stints at Tahs, Brumbies and Force.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So i'm still trying to work out why the Rebels asked us to brink our membership hats and scarves. apart from a bit of scarf waving at half time and some camera action of said waving, I must have missed what this 'surprise'. On as side note i think the camera did show one scarf waver who suspiciously looked like @fivestarstu sitting down with the army :)

Frankly, the best surprise i can get right now is a win against the Reds next weekend. The base game is there, just gotta get the execution right.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Why would a win v the Reds be a surprise ?

The pleasant surprise type, i.e. oh wow we beat the reds at Suncorp. That would mean we've beaten all Aussie super franchises in season (the match at ballymore doesn't count), Personally, I think we're in with a good chance - you guys have a lot of people on the sideline and luck doesn't seem to be going your way. Then again, as soon as I say that you'll go out and smash the 'saders this weekend.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
So i'm still trying to work out why the Rebels asked us to brink our membership hats and scarves. apart from a bit of scarf waving at half time and some camera action of said waving, I must have missed what this 'surprise'.
You missed nothing, according to a post on Facebook, the scarf waving was the surprise. To be honest, I thought the surprise might have been a bit more - surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.