• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Well the rebels indigenous jersey to be used in the last home has taken unassailable lead as the ugliest jersey ever made. Might almost be worth buying just to remember how terrible it was in a few years. Love the concept, the execution is lacking.

5yY1kOj.jpg

http://www.melbournerebelsstore.com.au/product-p/mrjr312nvy.htm

Love it.

But I'm hardly a talent in the area of farshion...

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Well the rebels indigenous jersey to be used in the last home has taken unassailable lead as the ugliest jersey ever made. Might almost be worth buying just to remember how terrible it was in a few years. Love the concept, the execution is lacking.

5yY1kOj.jpg

http://www.melbournerebelsstore.com.au/product-p/mrjr312nvy.htm

Looks like my current Rebels Jesery after a few too many Lagers and Kebabs on the way home from a match. intent is good, but something more subtle like the Rebs Jersey would have been better. But what would I know, I have the design skills of a one eyed drunken monkey.

T

Train Without a Station

Yeah that's horrid. Some of the AFL indigenous round jerseys weren't too much chop either. I found those that incorporated the design as subtleties on the original jersey looked the best.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
On Sunday Sean McMahon will join the Australian Commonwealth Games 7s team. So I assume tomorrow night will be his last Rebels game for the year.

Congratulations and good luck Sean.

Reactions: Tex

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Well in all fairness this isn't a Richard graham situation where a good team has fallen apart and he is the only change. The players have to take some responsibility.

TWAS not saying it is. my issue is that by all accounts the playing group have been flogged all year and now looking at them they are physically and emotionally fucked, no energy or verve, and they look gun shy, uncertain what to do and too scared to play instinctively. the players looked totally bereft after the Waratahs flogging and worse last night. this IS a coaching problem i think.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Maybe the old school bully coach approach isn't well suited to this day and age. In the pre-season - sure, but when the grind is on and the vibe down, maybe a more subtle touch is needed.

A solid win in the next three weeks might be enough to keep the wolves at bay, but it's not looking good atm.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe the old school bully coach approach isn't well suited to this day and age. In the pre-season - sure, but when the grind is on and the vibe down, maybe a more subtle touch is needed.

A solid win in the next three weeks might be enough to keep the wolves at bay, but it's not looking good atm.

tex they have only 2 games left

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Might work if you are not at the top of the tree, much like the role of a drill Sargent preparing the troops. Basically the role he played at the Wobblies. If so you always need a leader to apply a level of finesse to the gameplay and players.

TT has done some good things this year, but regressed many others. I think on balance a number of players have changed their natural game style too much and in turn it has impacted their game negatively. This also impacts your confidence and thus perpetuates the spiral even more.

Almost time for a Rebels retrospective thread :)

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i have to agree. i believe the style and game plan have stymied some of the players natural skill set, the captain for instance is a prime example. pyles benching is further evidence of the group "mindset". english has seen so little of the ball he has lost a lot of confidence.
the only positive i can see from the outside is the vastly improved scrummaging. the earlier much improved defence has become a sieve again. the breakdown work is now inaccurate and there appears to be absolutely no offensive pattern discernible. next years recruits of size size and more size in the back line does not bode well, even if it is "simple physics".

perhaps Robbie Deans is much maligned, the wallabies dire efforts during the last year of his reign could all belong fairly and squarely in TT's hands

edit: and WTF goes on about Horie, he is just absolutely the best hooker we have, was so last year as well and yet sits out most of both seasons on the bench while our line out fuckups continue !

T

Train Without a Station

What about the first 5 years of his reign?

Mate you're kidding if you think some assistant has come in and taken over and caused the mediocrity? It was well set in already.

Status
Not open for further replies.