• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
I find it interesting that this is coming out at this time and no word is being heard about KB (Kurtley Beale). While I am largely resigned to losing KB (Kurtley Beale) at season's end, you have to wonder if the Rebels aren't trying to persuade him otherwise?

Hardtackle

Charlie Fox (21)
He has family ties in Queensland, but I hope he packs his brand and his hair do up into his man bag and goes to loig.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I find it interesting that this is coming out at this time and no word is being heard about KB (Kurtley Beale). While I am largely resigned to losing KB (Kurtley Beale) at season's end, you have to wonder if the Rebels aren't trying to persuade him otherwise?

You definitely need to have these two separated.........

Beale was supposedly back on the straight and narrow after being suspended and as soon as he pairs up with Bieber again......... bam......... out "not drinking" *nudge* *wink* during the week of an important test match...........

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I honestly thought the rebels didn't have the stones to not offer him a contract. Glad to see i'm wrong on this one. I'll put a pint on the fact he will sit our the highlanders match with an 'injury' of some kind.

so will KB (Kurtley Beale) be available ? Or back in rehab ?
Hope to see both play, contribute and show some loyalty and responsibility to their employer and the fans, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
As I previously posted I suspect he will go to the Reds. They have lost two wingers and that is where he should play. End Of Story

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Wow. So the wb ten is team less this morning. Clearly rebels weren't impressed last night.

Were you impressed?? Personally I thought he tried to do too much on his own and looked to his outside runners as a 2nd/3rd option. Not exactly what you want from your national 10.

A good 10 makes the players around him look good, JOC (James O'Connor) is only interested in making himself look good.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Were you impressed?? Personally I thought he tried to do too much on his own and looked to his outside runners as a 2nd/3rd option. Not exactly what you want from your national 10.

A good 10 makes the players around him look good, JOC (James O'Connor) is only interested in making himself look good.
Well Matt T at the brumbies has no problem helping Lilo look good. JOC (James O'Connor) didn't come close to giving him any good ball in the tests

Westie

Sydney Middleton (9)

Yeah I would agree with that. Still think he has something to offer at twelve otherwise it looks like the bench may be his only option.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Yeah I would agree with that. Still think he has something to offer at twelve otherwise it looks like the bench may be his only option.

Well done to the Rebels for the decision. Hegarty is a much better 10 proposition than JOC (James O'Connor). Better not come to the Reds. We Don't need him.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Well done to the Rebels for the decision. Hegarty is a much better 10 proposition than JOC (James O'Connor). Better not come to the Reds. We Don't need him.

Hegarty is bloody ordinary. But at least he's a committed team man and not a brand.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
You definitely need to have these two separated...

Beale was supposedly back on the straight and narrow after being suspended and as soon as he pairs up with Bieber again... bam... out "not drinking" *nudge* *wink* during the week of an important test match.....

I think that's absolutely the case. That is what makes this pre-emptive move on JOC (James O'Connor) and the silence regarding KB (Kurtley Beale) so interesting.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
As I previously posted I suspect he will go to the Reds. They have lost two wingers and that is where he should play. End Of Story
Not after what he did to Richard Graham when he left the Force. Hard pressed to find a club that will be able to afford him/ want him. Not that he's a bad player but most clubs have their 2014 roster pretty much sorted.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
matt tink at a rugby lunch a few weeks ago, before the "2nd" incident that saw KB (Kurtley Beale) stood down and go into "rehab", was pretty confident KB (Kurtley Beale) would stay at the rebels and implied his family would come to melbourne rather than him return to sydney.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Not after what he did to Richard Graham when he left the Force. Hard pressed to find a club that will be able to afford him/ want him. Not that he's a bad player but most clubs have their 2014 roster pretty much sorted.
i think that all the franchises are well aware of who is and really isn't on the market. the player's management will have been active everywhere, so i think it is safe to assume that the reds, force and tah's have left some wriggle room. the ARU will have a significant say in where he goes, from the rebels point of view this is a giant FU to them, perhaps in retaliation to them interfering in the foley transfer from nsw. interesting times ahead, will JOC (James O'Connor) be forced on a super franchise that doesn't really want him ?

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
matt tink at a rugby lunch a few weeks ago, before the "2nd" incident that saw KB (Kurtley Beale) stood down and go into "rehab", was pretty confident KB (Kurtley Beale) would stay at the rebels and implied his family would come to melbourne rather than him return to sydney.

You have to wonder if that changed post second incident though. That's when a lot of the very confident noise about KB (Kurtley Beale) going back to Sydney really started up.

Status
Not open for further replies.