• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Anyone who has the spare time might be interested

http://www.sportspeople.com.au/sp/position/PositionDisplay.asp?ID=25900

Position Information

Position Title Volunteer Logistics Assistant
Short Description The Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union (MRRU) are looking for a Volunteer Logistics Assistant.
Employer Melbourne Rebels Rugby Union
Work Type Volunteer Position
Salary Voluntary
Location Melbourne, VIC, Australia
Detailed Description
  • Attend MRRU training sessions either at Visy Park or Offsite
  • To assist with MRRU training and game day equipment requirements
  • To assist with storage and maintenance of MRRU training equipment
Selection Criteria Essential
  • Drivers Licence
  • The ability to perform manual tasks; such as lifting
Closing Date 25 Oct 2013

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Melbourne Rebels facebook page confirmed he is gone a while ago.

Bob Sparshatt
There's a comment online saying that Jarrod Saffy has been released - is this correct?

Like · · 18 September at 08:22 via Mobile

• Melbourne Rebels - The Official Fan Page Hi Bob. Unfortunately Jarrod will be heading to France to continue his Rugby in 2014. Jarrod has been an outstanding servant to the Rebels in his three years at the Club, both on and off the field. Luckily for the Rebels we have a very strong squad of backrowers competing for a spot in 2014, including new signings Colby Fainga'a and Lopeti Timani. Cheers
    Like · Reply · 1 · 18 September at 09:59 · Edited

Jeez, for a reasonably big piece of news (a foundation player who was once touted as a future Wallaby leaving) they sure hid it well.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
They're going to want to have a good reason for that. I will be wildly unimpressed if he's gone elsewhere in Australia or New Zealand. If he's off to France or Japan to chase money then there's not much the club can do. It's going to be a long year if Lachie Mitchell is still considered starting XV material though.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Not impressed letting Sitauti go.

He looked like he had some serious gas, but who knows what the circumstances were. Maybe he wasn't happy and had better opportunities elsewhere. Can't keep a bloke playing where he's not happy!

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Shame to see Kimami go, but as Tex said you can't keep an unhappy man in a team and expect him to perform well. With the extra wingers we've added I think there will be fierce competition for spots.

Anyone know what the Rebels are planning to do with Alex Rokobaro? He's played off the bench this year against the Reds (i think that's he's only spot) and he's still listed in the Squad. Wonder what plans Tony has for him; classic utility fill-in or greater things?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Anyone know what the Rebels are planning to do with Alex Rokobaro? He's played off the bench this year against the Reds (i think that's he's only spot) and he's still listed in the Squad. Wonder what plans Tony has for him; classic utility fill-in or greater things?

Utility I reckon. He's very, very, small. It got him caught out a bit last year, although it was helped by the fact that the Rebels kept using him on unders lines and crash balls in the middle of the park which was beyond mental. At the moment he's not really good enough to command a starting spot, but he is a valuable squad member who could add a bit of spark off the bench against the right opposition.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
He was on a two year deal when they signed him last year, I have to agree that he is a bit small and was used incorrectly.

Hopefully he is used as a wide speedster and not used to crash balls in the middle. That's what the centers are for.

Think we will be pretty strong across the back line, just worry about the depth on the bench although English and Mitchell can play both center and wing.

9) Stirzaker
10) Hegarty/Roberts (Possible new signing)
11) Kingston/Veainu
12) Ellison
13) Inman
14) English
15) Woodward

Hoping Debreczeni becomes a reliable back up for 10/12

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
All three potentially Wallabies, none of them really great right now or fundamental to the Rebels. I think Cordingly is a good enough recruiter to get good players in their place.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Kimani has gone from club to club to club. Maybe that says enough? I don't know what, but it may mean something.

The bloke was good in his 2 or 3 10-15min cameos and at the start of the ITM Cup (though less so recently) but is that really enough for this to be a big deal? I certainly think Kingston, English, and Veinu are similarly promising with the former two being far more experienced.

D

daz

All three potentially Wallabies, none of them really great right now or fundamental to the Rebels. I think Cordingly is a good enough recruiter to get good players in their place.

I would have been shocked to the core if Rory was ever considered as a Wallaby, either now or in the future. Great bloke, but Super Rugby was his glass ceiling, I would have thought.

D

daz

Well, the man has retired now, so let's not trample him or his career.

He achieved more than most of us at representative rugby level, and he was at heart a hard-working servant of the Rebels and the Force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom