• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Finally, they make it official :)

Interesting line from Fairfax papers:

The Queenslander signed a two-year deal to join under 20s captain Sean McMahon and centre Lalakai Foketi in Melbourne.

Unless that's bad copywriting or i'm reading it incorrectly, it tends to read that Lalakai Foketi is sticking around in Melbourne next year. I know swingpass raised it earlier tin the thread, but I never say anything announced about it by the Rebels.

Ref: http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-news-sport/rebels-sign-rising-star-fullback-20140617-3aa9h.html

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yeah, according to @Jauzy, he has signed for Bayonne. Nothing that i can see on the Bayonne website though

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
yeah, according to @Jauzy, he has signed for Bayonne. Nothing that i can see on the Bayonne website though

and my French is in no state to be trolling through midi olympique for an answer. Until we hear otherwise officinally on a Team website, safe to assume he is a Rebel next year?

T

Train Without a Station

Lopeti has been the Rebels most disappointing recruit in 2014 I'd say. Not surprising given what I heard about his work ethic/condition when he first arrived in the pre-season.

He basically fills the role they need of another big back rower but judging by their choices of McMahon and Colby over him at 6 and Reid on the bench, they are after a higher work rate which he doesn't provide.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Hoping that Tom is still on-track for a return through the NRC, given speculation that Shota might be heading home next year.

He'll have to I believe unless he either a) gets exception like Delve and Alby have gotten in the past or b) he gets the Japanese spot in our squad that Sa'u currently occupies. I'm not sure what the rules around 'b)' are.

Lopeti has been the Rebels most disappointing recruit in 2014 I'd say. Not surprising given what I heard about his work ethic/condition when he first arrived in the pre-season.

Apparently he badly burned the Tahs to come here too who had done him some favours (something about visa issues when he was still in his early development). This is just speculation, but I've heard it from people in the know.
Either way I think he'd best go make some good money in France/Japan and enjoy potentially 3 world cups in Tonga colours, I could think of worse careers to have.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
He'll have to I believe unless he either a) gets exception like Delve and Alby have gotten in the past or b) he gets the Japanese spot in our squad that Sa'u currently occupies. I'm not sure what the rules around 'b)' are.

Given that Hooker stocks are a little low in Aus right now they might seriously consider it. i have hopes that Tom Sexton will have a good NRC and be rearing to go for 2015. competing with Pat Leafa will keep them both honest, so we then needs to fill an EPS spot with a hooker. The recent raids north of the tweed have borne some good results, perhaps another trip?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Hasn't played in forever, still not seen him on any team lists. Probably still injured, but would like to see an actual Victorian in at some point, and MolI wouldn't be a bad one to start with. Fereti has looked pretty Damn good in the the JRWC, so an EPS spot wouldn't be bad either.

Sent from my LG-P713 using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

I only just realised that injured hooker Tom Sexton was the captain of both the Ireland Schools team and the U20s. That"s bloody amazing.

I also know he is related to a mate of mine, who lives in Melbourne, so he has plenty of family here, and might well be here for the journey.

Could be an amazing pickup in the longrun.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Good signing, another quality outside back from the tahs that Tony can leave sitting on the bench...

Actually he's pretty big isn't he? Might actually get a game with TT's love of beef.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Good signing, another quality outside back from the tahs that Tony can leave sitting on the bench.

Actually he's pretty big isn't he? Might actually get a game with TT's love of beef.

He's got TT's philosophy written all over him. The phrase I've heard uttered by those from Rebels camp is 'it's simple physics'.

Status
Not open for further replies.