• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The VRU don't have the cash flow,or the balance sheet to pay the ongoing expenses of the Rebels,so the ARU assumed ownership to ensure it's ongoing viability.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
reg
meehan, jeffries and cummins are now all contracted

Thanks. So that makes a squad of 30 when you consider the previous list? Meaning none of those "unsure" are contracted? And all signings are done? Except I hear a couple more coming next week? Like I said, it's not adding up to me.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Reg, that list is pretty much self-generated and gets updated from time to time. Certainly not definitive!

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thanks. So that makes a squad of 30 when you consider the previous list? Meaning none of those "unsure" are contracted? And all signings are done? Except I hear a couple more coming next week? Like I said, it's not adding up to me.

Just to further confuse the issue I'm pretty sure Reid is a full squad member, not EPS. The only name on that list of confirmed's that I don't think is set is Lachlan Mitchell so it still sits at the full 30

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I don't think Telusa Veainu or Lopeti Timani are locked in? Agree with Wilson that Reid is not a EPS player and on full contract.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I don't think Telusa Veainu or Lopeti Timani are locked in? Agree with Wilson that Reid is not a EPS player and on full contract.

Both Veainu and Timani signed 2 year deals when they first signed:
http://www.espnscrum.com/super-rugby-2013/rugby/story/198737.html
http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/rabodirect-rebels-sign-lopeti-timani

Also according to Georgina Robinson it will be at least 2 signings announced next week:

There will be more good news next week, when the club makes a major sponsorship announcement and at least two big player signings. Watch this space.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/david-shein-named-as-bob-dwyer-backer-as-battle-for-the-waratahs-comes-to-a-head-20140619-zsf06.html#ixzz359zwoXr6

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
sorry, cummins is only EPS according to website. the other two locked in till 2016
you didn't get the memo about the rebels having 40 contracted for next year did you ?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just to further confuse the issue I'm pretty sure Reid is a full squad member, not EPS. The only name on that list of confirmed's that I don't think is set is Lachlan Mitchell so it still sits at the full 30
is PAE re signed i haven't heard anything one way or other.
i would be very disappointed and surprised if they cut mitchell, remember he started ahead of all the other wingers this year until injured, clearly a TT favourite

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Sau will go before Mitchell. He was only contracted as injury cover for him, from what I can read on ESPNscrum.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
is PAE re signed i haven't heard anything one way or other.
i would be very disappointed and surprised if they cut mitchell, remember he started ahead of all the other wingers this year until injured, clearly a TT favourite

yeah PAE is set until 2014:
http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/rabodirect-rebels-continue-to-bolster-ranks

Would be sad to see Mitchell go but with English, Inman, Harris, Crawford, Shipperly, Kingston, Veainu, Placid and potentially Sau in the Japanese spot it's getting pretty crowded in his positions.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
wilson i know you are on a desert island, but its been 2014 since january 1 ;)

the article actually says till 2015 however :p

Apologies, it's not the easiest calendar to read
analemm-in-cast-away.png

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
no he was the "extra" japanese player allowed, the 31st man
May be the case, but he is only signed for this year. With our recent spate of OB signings he may be on the way home. Hope not, have mostly been impressed with his performances.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
So apparently Gus Roberts has been told he won't be needed next year and is going to head back to Sydney. Probably will try out for one or the NRC teams there.

Status
Not open for further replies.