• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Gus isn't that bad a player, just not up to Super Rugby.

Regarding the new recruits, does anyone know when their current contracts end/ new ones ones begin? I'm wondering if any of them will be available to the Rising for the NRC this season or, if they'll still be required by their current clubs.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Crawford, Harris and the like will probably still be contracted to the other super sides for the sake of the NRC.

Not sure about Pulver.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Crawford, Harris and the like will probably still be contracted to the other super sides for the sake of the NRC.

Not sure about Pulver.

Thanks, I thought that would probably be the case.

Pulver? Have I missed some news?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Let's remember Nedolo wasn't up to Super Rugby standard either. Gus is not lifetime write off (and I'm not saying that's what you're getting at, but people do).

I think Gus is a bloke that needs to just play a lot of professional rugby and he's not currently a Super Rugby 22 standard player. My advice, go to Europe (not Japan, that place kills young careers). Scotland, Italy or even lower quality Premier English clubs often sign developing players from other nations, go there and come home in 5 years as a better player.

If your homecoming works, good on you. If it doesn't, go back to Europe and make squillions.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Let's remember Nedolo wasn't up to Super Rugby standard either. Gus is not lifetime write off (and I'm not saying that's what you're getting at, but people do).

I think Gus is a bloke that needs to just play a lot of professional rugby and he's not currently a Super Rugby 22 standard player. My advice, go to Europe (not Japan, that place kills young careers). Scotland, Italy or even lower quality Premier English clubs often sign developing players from other nations, go there and come home in 5 years as a better player.

If your homecoming works, good on you. If it doesn't, go back to Europe and make squillions.

I think he would be suited to the French second division. Don't think Italy is a great option, they only have a couple of teams worth playing for. Gus should have gone to the ITM cup last year, think it would have helped his game.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)

Regarding the new recruits, does anyone know when their nocurrent contracts end/ new ones ones begin? I'm wondering if any of them will be available to the Rising for the NRC this season or, if they'll still be required by their current clubs.
No he is that bad a player at least at the moment. He could get better. In my mind he is the perfect example of someone who needed the tier between club and pro and yes ITM would've been great. But he and players like him will benefit from the NRC immensely in years to come.
That said happy we are parting ways.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think he would be suited to the French second division. Don't think Italy is a great option, they only have a couple of teams worth playing for. Gus should have gone to the ITM cup last year, think it would have helped his game.

I disagree about D2, it swallows up players.

Italy does only have 2 teams worth playing for, there's no reason he couldn't play for either of them.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Sidenote, I wonder if we can get Eddie Maka to come home. My my, he's big and Toulouse have probably already sheared most of the puppy fat off.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Thought this would have been the case. Give the chance for departing players to say their goodbyes before the last home match.

Very interested in who they get, the suggestion was it was 2 big names still to be announced and if they are doing it on Rugby HQ rather than the usually twitter/press release they must think it's someone big.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
O'Driscoll and Wilkinson.* You heard it here first.

*post may contain a hint of bullshit

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Nah they're off to the reds.

I hope it's worth the hype of announcing on TV, that means current wallabies or big name internationals to me. Anything less will be a bit of a let down.

Isn't QC (Quade Cooper) off contract with the reds this year? Still contracted with the ARU until 2015 but the reds one was until 2014 from memory. Let the hype speculation begin.

T

Train Without a Station

Maybe they're going to announce that the Reds signings were a joke and they're all staying at Ballymore? Wouldn't that be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom