• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well i left at half time, first time i have ever walked out on anything.

the rebels ineptitude coupled with the appalling refereeing was just too much

totality tony has totally fucked this playing group. they are getting worse each week

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
He shouldn't be leaving. We have the Japanese allowance and the other international allowances. With Woodward and aholeiei going who else do we have that isn't currently wallaby qualified. Sau ellison and horie?
Hopefully he stays. He has become a legitimate great player with time
Down here. Let him head back to japan for a few games in the off season and top himself up. Great player.

Some our defence was horrible. Woodward had a shocker I thought. Big jake took the wrong option a couple times and god knows what was wrong with our pack but my lord - that ref was horrrrrrrrible.
Personally I think we have a roster for next year that looks excellent. Let's see if we can piece it together.
Most days I reckon our pack is great. Love McMahon.
Not sure what's missing in the backs. Inman is great but his attack needs to lift. We see flashes of it. Just need consistency.
I think our backs next year are burgo hegs English Ellison Inman ship Harris.
I am damn happy with that. Hegarty is improving and so young.
Jake Kingston and Zak on the bench

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
The ARU has some weird rule that internationals can only be signed for 2 years. We got special dispensation for Delve, and the Force did for Mattheson, but I don't know about Shota yet.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Tamati Elison just signed for 2 more years.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Yes. Some of the aru rules are not particularly productive.
Hopefully we get it for him. We clearly have it for tamati.
Blorg. Two more games. Turning focus to Tahs now.
At least I'm excited for the NRC

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
One of the most inept efforts I've ever seen from the boys, probably only topped by the Force in Rd.2 this year and the Shorks debacle last go round. Really, really, rough viewing. Ball handling, the ruck, defence, attack, and the lineout were all miles below what is acceptable at this level. The scrum was good I guess?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Do you put Woodward in the 23 again this year? Could've just been a very off night but he looked seriously disinterested tonight.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I'd take JW to SA, but from the Bench, start Ellison on the wing instead.

Rising games are at AAMI combination of corporate facilities and South Melbournes tyrannical stranglehold on Albert Park.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
He wasn't great but he was still miles better than Debreczeni who was absolutely rubbish. Probably the worst player on the field after Burgess.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
of course woodward was disinterested he was playing on the wing, he is a FB FFS
just like hugh pyle on the bench, and the captain of japan on the bench and our best 7 on the bench,
as i said above the coach has managed to turn a group of enterprising young players into a gibbering mess of indecision and ineptitude.

yes young jack is just that young. another player played out of position and out of his depth at this stage.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
of course woodward was disinterested he was playing on the wing, he is a FB FFS
just like hugh pyle on the bench, and the captain of japan on the bench and our best 7 on the bench,
as i said above the coach has managed to turn a group of enterprising young players into a gibbering mess of indecision and ineptitude.

yes young jack is just that young. another player played out of position and out of his depth at this stage.

Hard to disagree with that. I thought Horie was head and shoulders our best player when he came on. Hegarty was okayish, although he still has absolutely no idea how to run a backline and control a game. We're just so directionless at the moment, I have no idea what the actual plan is. Even when we run the ball it seems to either be everyone sliding across the park and shovelling the ball on with Inman occasionally running an unders line to straighten things up. It's shit rugby and it is never, ever, going to get us into the finals. We simply must pick up a good attack coach in the off-season, or I can't see anything but another season of frustration and misery.

Status
Not open for further replies.