• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
On the flipside, if the Rebels weren't going to offer him a 2015 contract, would any of the other Australian sides have been likely to?

He's a middling Super Rugby player at best who has missed most of the season through a serious injury. Maybe there weren't a whole lot of choices at the end of the day.

T

Train Without a Station

I'd agree he wasn't perfect, but any issues were a result of matching up against opponents he didn't have the pace to match.

T

Train Without a Station

BH, I just think a player like Mitchell is a great player to have in the 24-35 bracket.

Having mutual friends with the bloke and being told he loves living in Melbourne and considers it home, I'd hypothesise an offer of around the $100k mark likely would have kept him there. That's less that the average of your cap on a player you know you can rely on.

As noted he isn't pursuing options anywhere else, so they wouldn't have needed to break the bank to keep him.

Condor67

Frank Row (1)
You must be a world beater at rugby seating in the the stand on you backside to say how crap the team is and then individual players are. So you must have played 1st grade, supper 15 and your country but you are still in that seat in the grand stand. Yet Pelicans like you are all experts on how to play the game from that seat in the grand stand.
GO THE REBELS

T

Train Without a Station

Fair Call Condor. Somebody call Gagger, shut down the forum. None of us can critique performance.

Very sneaky of you to put the Highlanders and AB's as your teams too, Matthew Burke.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
You must be a world beater at rugby seating in the the stand on you backside to say how crap the team is and then individual players are. So you must have played 1st grade, supper 15 and your country but you are still in that seat in the grand stand. Yet Pelicans like you are all experts on how to play the game from that seat in the grand stand.
GO THE REBELS

Welcome to GAGR Condor,

If you don'like people's views that's ok, I don't agree with everyone on here. But no need to have a go at everyone with your first post.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Welcome, Condor. Bringing your TSF style to G&GR? We're a bit more catholic over here, you get to say what you like as long as you're polite and argue your corner (without being offensive). And we don't take umbrage when Kiwis bag us. ;)

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Where are the details of this Rebels fan forum mentioned earlier?

I haven't seen anything official about it. If it's happening, it might be worth drafting some sharp questions via PM?

Condor67

Frank Row (1)
Welcome, Condor. Bringing your TSF style to G&GR? We're a bit more catholic over here, you get to say what you like as long as you're polite and argue your corner (without being offensive). And we don't take umbrage when Kiwis bag us. ;)

Sorry to all you sideline experts but I was just Critiquing the Critiques.
So don't take it personal whats fair for some should be fair for all.
All the best in the BLEDISLOE LOL

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
GO THE REBELS
This is the sort of clear headed and incisive thinking that keeps Marto in the commentary box.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

You didn't critique the critiques at all. You just made the non-sequitur that people who hadn't played the game at a high level can't evaluate a player reasonably.

At least the people who were saying Mitchell wasn't the greatest rugby player ever tried to explain why they thought that by analysing his rugby.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

You must be a world beater at rugby forums, in your office on you backside to say how wrong the posters are and then individual comments are. So you must have posted on GAGR before, The Yellow Scarf and your the front page blog but you are still in that seat on the bus. Yet Pelicans like you are all experts on how to post on the forum from that seat on the bus or in your office.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
http://www.melbournerebels.com.au/news/article/melbourne-rebels-member-forum

Looks like less of a Waratahs-esque bloodbath and more of the usual post-season feedback on the member experience.

Agreed. Think we should run something like that anyway on GAGR, something like a project retrospective (if any on you have been an an Agile project, you;ll have an idea of what i'm on about).

This more looks like a 'how was the facilities, how was the food, how was your membership package etc...' Would still be interested in participating. Unless I'm missing something, the link mentioned above doesn't seem to a point where you submit your details to the rebels media unit. Have I missed something, or have I completely lost it.

D

daz

There are 12,273 signed up members on GAGR, and I think it fair to say we are all vying for a position in the Sideline Experts XV.

Welcome to the forums. Can I suggest that a bit of reasoned argument will get you a lot further than abrupt criticism when interacting with the forumites this early in your (hopefully) long posting career?

Have a gander around the place and a read of the rules to prevent yourself accidentally tripping into problems in the future.

EDIT - Sorry Lindo, you beat me to it! Thanks for posting the rules link.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
There are 12,273 signed up members on GAGR, and I think it fair to say we are all vying for a position in the Sideline Experts XV.

Welcome to the forums. Can I suggest that a bit of reasoned argument will get you a lot further than abrupt criticism when interacting with the forumites this early in your (hopefully) long posting career?

Have a gander around the place and a read of the rules to prevent yourself accidentally tripping into problems in the future.

EDIT - Sorry Lindo, you beat me to it! Thanks for posting the rules link.
Yeah or Daz might PM you during a drunk rant... Not my finest hour , but lucky I was drunk and don't remember it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.