• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Pro sport is tough. You can be a hero one day and a pariah the next. Fair play to Lachlan he played 50 super rugby games, got paid for it, and so far as I know has been nothing but a class act for the club. Also, his comment was that he is passionate about the Rebels as opposed to say minor overseas teams, and would play for us in an instant, or so I read it. And if he stays in shape who's to say what will happen next year?

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
What a surprise that Daz is the highest bidder on Mitch's jersey from Friday night.

Sure the wife is ok in you wearing a jersey that looks like that to bed every night Daz?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Where are the details of this Rebels fan forum mentioned earlier?

I haven't seen anything official about it. If it's happening, it might be worth drafting some sharp questions via PM?

Tex, this is the note from the newsletter:

2014 RaboDirect Melbourne Rebels members are invited to register their interest to be involved in a forum to provide insight to the Melbourne Rebels on membership, game-day, communications and other areas of the business as well as assisting in the development of new initiatives.

And, this is the bit from the registration page:

2014 RaboDirect Melbourne Rebel members are invited to register their interest to be involved in a forum to provide insight to the Melbourne Rebels on membership, game-day, communications and other areas of the business as well as assisting in the development of new initiatives.

To be eligible for the Rebel Forum, the following qualifications currently apply:

· 2014 Melbourne Rebels member

· Over the age of 18 as at 1st June, 2014

· Be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement

· Have attended at least one (1) Melbourne Rebels match at AAMI Park in the 2014 Super Rugby season

· Be able to meet with the Melbourne Rebels on two (2) occasions from June to December 2014 (date and time to be confirmed). Forum may be conducted via face to face forum, online discussion, survey or phone call.

Forum members selected with the qualifications listed above will be contacted at the discretion of the Melbourne Rebels.

Please note, forum member numbers will be strictly limited. Further openings to be part of the Rebel Forum with varied qualifications will be advertised on the Melbourne Rebels website when required.

*T & C's at www.melbournerebels.com.au/terms

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Where are the details of this Rebels fan forum mentioned earlier?

I haven't seen anything official about it. If it's happening, it might be worth drafting some sharp questions via PM?

Something is being dumb and not letting me embed tweets :(

@melbournRebels said it's not open yet, but you can register you interest at http://t.co/Eqzzqjiyxv

T

tranquility

He looks and sounds like such a gun. Very much looking forward to seeing him play.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Pro sport is tough. You can be a hero one day and a pariah the next. Fair play to Lachlan he played 50 super rugby games, got paid for it, and so far as I know has been nothing but a class act for the club. Also, his comment was that he is passionate about the Rebels as opposed to say minor overseas teams, and would play for us in an instant, or so I read it. And if he stays in shape who's to say what will happen next year?

yes thats exactly how i interpreted it as well. wanted to stay but understood the club's viewpoint and wasn't interested in playing anywhere else just to keep playing.

ps we will have him at Uni next year if he wants !

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Bloody good news. Love the wife comments "the baby is fine, go play rugby". Certainly helps with hooking depth. That would make is up to the 32, right?

yep, confirmed by the Rebels. I assume some are EPS, because it's still 30 full contracts plus 5 EPS I think.

D

daz

What a surprise that Daz is the highest bidder on Mitch's jersey from Friday night.

Sure the wife is ok in you wearing a jersey that looks like that to bed every night Daz?

She is used to it. I have his jersey that was auctioned off from the Reds game a couple of years ago, and I had his Rebels/B&I Lions jersey for a few weeks until it mysteriously disappeared.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
She is used to it. I have his jersey that was auctioned off from the Reds game a couple of years ago, and I had his Rebels/B&I Lions jersey for a few weeks until it mysteriously disappeared.

Yeah, we know you gave it back to him.

Bought Pyle's jersey from his last home game for the Rebels.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yeah, we know you gave it back to him.

Bought Pyle's jersey from his last home game for the Rebels.

I'd need to combine the jersey of Toby and Laurie for one of them to for me. Wish I kept some coin aside for one now. Next time.

From the bid sheet looks like someone brought up a few of them. Good cause, those tours are bloody expensive.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd need to combine the jersey of Toby and Laurie for one of them to for me. Wish I kept some coin aside for one now. Next time.

From the bid sheet looks like someone brought up a few of them. Good cause, those tours are bloody expensive.

Yeah, couldn't help myself seeing I have been a Pyle fan since the first season.

Daz some one out bid you?

Status
Not open for further replies.