• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
City own the other soccer/football team in Melbourne, Melbourne City (renamed from Melbourne Heart) and were rumoured to be looking to buy into the Rebels along with owners of the Storm.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Yeah, they already have a decent size share of the Storm.

Higgers got off. No injury report yet, but if Jack is unavailable than Burgo and Harris to start as halfs with Hegarty and fully back. Unless TT wants to make an additional 4 changes.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Yeah, they already have a decent size share of the Storm.

Higgers got off. No injury report yet, but if Jack is unavailable than Burgo and Harris to start as halfs with Hegarty and fully back. Unless TT wants to make an additional 4 changes.

I have high hopes he's learnt his lesson from last time.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
That's great news for Aus rugby. I was worried he'd follow his brother to the Top 14 soon.

Article said he was planning on it and the Rebels changed his mind. Hopefully he continues to improve at lock, was worried about him starting there but he played pretty bloody good

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
D

daz

I have my tickets for Billy Idol at Margaret Court Arena for March. Pumped.

A real opportunity here for the Rebels PR team to get a "Rebel Yell" promo with the man himself.

How would that look as a pre-game video? All kinds of awesomeness, unique to our team.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Regarding the ground announcers, I'll wait until next week before getting stuck in.

Rugby knowledge is nice but with all respect to them, the various modelslashactors the Rebels have employed in the past weren't much chop.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Regarding the ground announcers, I'll wait until next week before getting stuck in.

Rugby knowledge is nice but with all respect to them, the various modelslashactors the Rebels have employed in the past weren't much chop.

The ground announcers we've had in the past have ranged from average to diabolical. The crowd gets things going by themselves. Being told over the speakers to 'make some noise,' just makes me shut up out of principle. Same with pumping the 'Rebelsss' chant out. Less is more this year please. Richie Benaud, not James Brayshaw.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Oh I agree 100%. I'll be spamming Rebels' emails if that nonsense continues this season. However I accept that there will be ground announcers in some form and the more professional they are, the better.

It sounds like a few have rugby broadcast or media experience, which should cover for Brownie's AFL background. But seriously, so many of the pretty women who've been given the mic in seasons past haven't had the foggiest about rugby or pronunciation of South African or Islander names. That in itself should be firing offence.

Status
Not open for further replies.