• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
^^I think that the Rebels/VRU seem to be doing a great job identifying and developing young talent. What you guys really need is a coach a super level who is going to take the players and the team to the next level. Totality Tony is probably better than who the Force or the Reds have at the moment, but I'm not sure if he's the guy to do that - maybe I'm wrong in there, the rest of the year will show this to an extent anyway.

IMO the Rebels (and the Force for that matter) are the 2 Australian sides who really need a big name foreign coach to move things forward. Not Jake White in particular, but someone of that standing.

Whilst I agree to an extent we are 3 from 7 at the moment and looking dangerous when we back ourselves to run it, I would be more than happy with a 50:50 ratio at the end of the year as a fan.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I was thinking more along the lines of someone like:

166541_.jpg

or

Warren-Gatland-Lions-coac-008.jpg

Meet you half way?

image.jpg

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Do you blokes plan on putting Tamani back at 8 next year? I see wonderful things for him there in Wallaby gold.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Do you blokes plan on putting Tamani back at 8 next year? I see wonderful things for him there in Wallaby gold.

WOW, Wonderful things and Wallaby Gold in the same sentence? Think you were looking for the Wallabies positivity thread not Rebels 2015.

Who knows where he plays next year, I would not mind seeing him go there this year and move McMahon to 7 and higgers to 6 with Jones and Neville at lock.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
English had his best game against the Reds so Id say its not the end yet. Hegarty did not play club rugby because of injury last week so he might be the one to miss the 23 this weekend.

Yeah but Shipperly has been in better form and you can't drop Sefa after his form either. Pine for English IMO.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I think they will ease Dom back into Super Rugby from the pine, not as a start. He's been out for an extended period, sensible approach back into it.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Any Commentary so far on the EPP boys? Looks to be primarily composed of Vic Reps over the last handful of years.

2015 Rebels Emerging Player Program Squad:

• Tom Blake – Rebels & Australian Schoolboys, 2014
  • Billy Gray – Rebels U20s, 2015
  • Ta Hosea – Rebels & Australian Barbarians U20s, 2015
  • Trevor Hosea – Rebels U17 Junior Gold Cup, 2015
  • Ayden Hurst – Rebels U17 Junior Gold Cup, 2014
  • John Sauni – Rebels U17 Junior Gold Cup, 2014
  • Robert Leota – Rebels U18 Boys Rugby Sevens (2015) & Rebels Schoolboys 2014
  • Fereti Sa’aga – Rebels, Barbarians & Australian U20s (2015), Melbourne Rising & Samoa U20s (2014)
  • RJ Sa’aga - Rebels & Australian Barbarians U20s, 2015
  • Ah-mu Tuimaleali’ifano – Rebels U20s 2015, Rebels & Australian Schoolboys 2014
  • Sione Tuipulotu - Rebels, Barbarians & Australian U20s (2015), Rebels & Australian Schoolboys 201
  • Jordan Uelese - Rebels U17 Junior Gold Cup, 2014
  • Jade Murray - Rebels U20s, 2015
  • Pat Toeta - Rebels & Australian Barbarians U20s, 2015
  • Robert Valetini - Rebels U17 Junior Gold Cup, 2014

Can pretty much vouch for 90 percent of those players, having played with or against them.

Probably the most successful player so far would be Fereti Sa'aga who has a Melbourne Rising contract and is a former back row turned prop. Looking like he will continue his good form.

Others to look out for are Pat Toeta who was fly half for the Aus Barbarians and IMO was unfairly left out of the Aus U20's.

Sione Tuipulotu obviously, as he's made the Aus U20's.

Tom Blake is a man who has probably played nearly every position on the field bar front row. When he was 16 and in the Rebels Academy he was the fastest player there, beating all the senior players such as Lachie Mitchell and James O'Connor. Think he's playing at back row or lock at the moment, though played 15 for school footy.

Robert (Pati) Leota plays well above his age. Another agile lock with some serious speed to burn.

There are a few of the ones to watch, but they're all pretty amazing players seeing as across 3 years (I think) they're the 15 best in the state.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
good news that 20 out of 34/35 have signed beyond next year.

higginbotham, PAE, burgess definitely gone, who else ?

be very nice to convince Ellison to go around again

probably Samo, and one of Sexton and Whittaker to make way for Siliva Siliva

Status
Not open for further replies.