• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Sounds like some good planning for the future if either Tamati, Mitch or (god forbid both) move on at the end of the season. We do have some depth in the midfield stock (Dom, Tom & Sefa), but that may leave the OB's a little thin in depth.

So, what can you Manly types tell us about this fella? Looks like some ranga hair going on there, so already he's good in my books.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Sounds like some good planning for the future if either Tamati, Mitch or (god forbid both) move on at the end of the season. We do have some depth in the midfield stock (Dom, Tom & Sefa), but that may leave the OB's a little thin in depth.

So, what can you Manly types tell us about this fella? Looks like some ranga hair going on there, so already he's good in my books.

From what I've seen on TV. He kicks a ball probably longer than anyone else running about. He's got good size and skills etc. Certainly set for higher levels. Overall, a good pickup.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Now we just need to sign Matt Lucas and Sam Lane to complete the ARU conspiracy to destroy Manly.

Lane would be a good pick up. He, Horwitz and Angus have been the stand out playmakers this season. He and Horwitz are at the same level and should be actively chasing opportunity to move forward.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
From what I've seen on TV. He kicks a ball probably longer than anyone else running about. He's got good size and skills etc. Certainly set for higher levels. Overall, a good pickup.
What sort of center is he? I've seen that he's consistently in 12 rather than 13, but is he a 2nd 5/8th, or a pure 12 or is he capable at both center positions?

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Now we just need to sign Matt Lucas and Sam Lane to complete the ARU conspiracy to destroy Manly.

Please no.

If this kid can kick a long ball on the field, and not just for goal, then it becomes a pretty serious weapon with Debreczeni as well. Bomb it long, high workrate pack ties things up, play with a short field with strike runners like Sefa and Placid? It's all a bit South African, but it's got potential.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
What sort of center is he? I've seen that he's consistently in 12 rather than 13, but is he a 2nd 5/8th, or a pure 12 or is he capable at both center positions?

I've only seen him at 15. But his has the skills to play 12 and is a very solid defender. With him now heading south the Rebels are going to have quite a sizeable backline.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Countdown till we get another sermon on why the Shute Shield is sacrosanct and all us f*cking Mexicans should bugger off from offering young Sydney blokes a viable career path.

Welcome to Melbourne, Reece.

Then you lot down south need to get cracking on the Dewar Shield so it becomes a primary talent source. Frankly, it doesn't bother me. The only issue is whether it's sustainable long term.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Countdown till we get another sermon on why the Shute Shield is sacrosanct and all us f*cking Mexicans should bugger off from offering young Sydney blokes a viable career path.

Welcome to Melbourne, Reece.

Having recently discovered the Shute Shield, can't say I was wildly impressed. The NRC is going to make an enormous difference over the next 10 years.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Ha Ha Ha - Good on him, well deserved, great pick up.

Guys, I'm all for players persuing a career I don't think you will find one post from me that suggest otherwise.

• I have said that I believe Shute is stronger than Dewar and explained that i reckon all parties could benefit from working together.
  • Yes I want rugby to be stronger Australia wide, and my thoughts and ideas maybe different to people who are bunkered down south.
Good luck Reece, you will kick arse.
Interesting that Manly want to encourage and promote the careers of young fantastic players, and the comments above have a very different attitude.

Reactions: Tex

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)

He's a very good second five, but is rep acheivements have been at 10.
My preference is second 5.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Tongue in cheek, at least from me Dave.

Whilst I don't agree with some of your views, especially around which club comps professionals should be playing in, it's obvious that you're an intelligent and passionate supporter of both Rugby in general and the Manly Club.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Tongue in cheek, at least from me Dave.

Whilst I don't agree with some of your views, especially around which club comps professionals should be playing in, it's obvious that you're an intelligent and passionate supporter of both Rugby in general and the Manly Club.

Thought it was - all cool.

I'm sure there's plenty of 1%ers that could be pulled from these pages to improve things and if some get picked up we are all better for it.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Having recently discovered the Shute Shield, can't say I was wildly impressed. The NRC is going to make an enormous difference over the next 10 years.

A number of players who have played both have suggested the Dewar is like 3rd Grade Shute Shield, I cant pass judgement, can you - have you played in both?

Status
Not open for further replies.