• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I think Stirzaker is still a bit to unreliable discipline wise to be made Captain.

I think Luke Jones could make a good captain and will play most minutes where Colby has a tough job to even hold his starting position with the competition in the back row. Besides McMahon I would not be willing to pick the other two starters at the moment, and the way McMahon played at the RWC I would be picking him at 7 instead of 6.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
With the move of Moore to Brisvegas, Chibba Hanson would be fairly please he made the move to Mexico.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
With the move of Moore to Brisvegas, Chibba Hanson would be fairly please he made the move to Mexico.

But, did Moore go up because Chibba went down or did Chibba hear they wanted Moore?
Chibba had to go because he would have shared the starting with Faainga and he needed to start most games to improve his Wallaby chances.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Chibba was out the door a while ago and Moore was working on a deal with Munster presumably before the Reds one (although they could have definitely expressed interest earlier on) so I'd lean towards the former.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
But, did Moore go up because Chibba went down or did Chibba hear they wanted Moore?
Chibba had to go because he would have shared the starting with Faainga and he needed to start most games to improve his Wallaby chances.

Not saying that Chibba planned the move knowing that Moore was coming back, more so it's fortunate how it has worked out for Chibba.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
I got my membership pack today. I like this years scarf. Hat is all blue which is a bit dull but I have quite a few to choose between now.

The pouch to hold the membership card on the lanyard was a failure. It only just fit the card so the card blocks the slot and I cannot get the clip of the lanyard to feed through. I am going to contact the club about it. Did anybody else have the same issue?

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I'm leaning towards Luke Jones for captain - he's certainly put in the time and that must (should) get the respect of the team. Stirzy did a good job of captain in the 2014 NRC, but I also worry about his discipline...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I got my membership pack today. I like this years scarf. Hat is all blue which is a bit dull but I have quite a few to choose between now.

The pouch to hold the membership card on the lanyard was a failure. It only just fit the card so the card blocks the slot and I cannot get the clip of the lanyard to feed through. I am going to contact the club about it. Did anybody else have the same issue?

Same issue, and I'll use the same solution as suggested by swingpass. Like the 'foundation' element to the scarf and the simple cap design.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
It's a classic case of the Engineering department not talking to the Operations department... "What's wrong? The card fits the pocket perfectly, we measured it and everything"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
As the resident greenie I'd like to have an option of 'customising' my membership pack and eliminating all the useless odds and ends.

I have zero need for my fourth hat (never worn the previous three), my fourth 100% synthetic scarf (still wearing the first) and sticker packs.

I've got a bald scone - send me a beanie, fridge magnet with scheduled matches and my match day pass. And on that note, the lanyard can't be clipped onto the plastic sleeve with the membership card inserted.

Small gripes, yes, but also some easy wins to cut waste.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

Hole punch and voila!

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
As the resident greenie I'd like to have an option of 'customising' my membership pack and eliminating all the useless odds and ends.

I have zero need for my fourth hat (never worn the previous three), my fourth 100% synthetic scarf (still wearing the first) and sticker packs.

I've got a bald scone - send me a beanie, fridge magnet with scheduled matches and my match day pass. And on that note, the lanyard can't be clipped onto the plastic sleeve with the membership card inserted.

Small gripes, yes, but also some easy wins to cut waste.

I'm planning to collect enough membership scarves to make a poncho. Would make a nice fashion piece when I travel from the promised land (Melbourne) to away matches. Just need to buy another blue sombrero.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yes i now have 12 hats and 12 scarves (only one worn, once i believe). i like the idea of sewing the scarves into a blanket.
perhaps we could form a Rebels "quilting" group :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.