• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Massive loss losing Luke Jones... Not just for the Rebels, but the Wallabies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Huge loss for Rebels. Lost a lot of young talent around their peak to France over last couple of years: Pyle, PAE and now reportedly Jones.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Gutted. Thought with the departure of Dave Dennis he may have seen a long-term future on OZ, Still, being overlooked for even the prelim RWC squad probably was the final straw. Also has a new family to think about now.

Good luck to the big man. He's put in some stellar efforts for us.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
I don't believe anything the French media says these days, with the FRU get there quota system in play by next season their is going to be a lot of wasted talent in squads not getting any game time.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
That's a really, really, shit buzz. He must have been massively frustrated. Not sure what more he could have done to push his claims.

Don't blame him but this is one that really hurts. Hopefully he goes out with a bang.

HighPlainsDrifter

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Good Luck to Luke , after a great super rugby season to be ranked by Cheika as say the 7th or 8th choice in the lock stakes for the Wallabies beggared belief , and wonder if the Rebels management made a low ball bid based on his love of life in Melbourne thinking he would go nowhere with a little one on the way ... If it were me at 24 mmmn the Paris end of Collins Street or Paris ? I'll take Paris !

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Good luck to him. Double his earnings and live in France for a few years, tough life!

I hope he and PAE treat it as a sabbatical and come back to Aus in the near future.

In other positive news McMahon will skipper us against Samoa. Management obviously realise he's a future foundation of the club and hot property on the market.

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
Stirz was at the Super Rugby launch this morning, looked like a few of the other states sent their captains to represent them.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Stirz was at the Super Rugby launch this morning, looked like a few of the other states sent their captains to represent them.

Three out of five in fact. Lilo (co-caption), Hodgo and Slipper. Palu is more like a father figure, so he didn't seem out of place there.

This feels weird to say, but I find myself agreeing with Slim here - don't think it's a real indication of the 2016 Captain. Still, he's my choice to lead the side.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
McMahon as Captain tomorrow will be interesting. Don't know about his past experience (anyone, please fill in the gaps), but he comes across as one of the 'lead by example' types. Could be a good influence on the team.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
McMahon as Captain tomorrow will be interesting. Don't know about his past experience (anyone, please fill in the gaps), but he comes across as one of the 'lead by example' types. Could be a good influence on the team.

he was captain of the Aus U20's last world championship, apart from that i don't know if he has any other captaincy experience

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I do like Sean's attitude, he seems to be very unselfish and lifts any team. Even when he wasn't playing in Wallabies games at the RWC he was pushing everyone in training. Not bad for a young guy, though youth may be against him here... for now.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Not sure if we want a Rebels U20 thread yet. Powerhouse announced 5 players from their Colts in the squad.

Billy Gray
Teru Leota
Louis Toney
Agape Tuigamaia
Elias Vole

Status
Not open for further replies.