• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
So club player assignments have been done for this year.

From what I saw on the BH Insta feed we had four assigned: Jamie Hagan, Man Bun Meehan, Pat and SupaSefa. For those who have been missing a bit of Sefa action it appears to be him kneeling in front of Jamie Hagan.

That's Filipe Vilitati, who played for the Rising, and is making up the numbers at pre-season, crouching in front of Hagan. He is part of the Island Breeze program with Sefa

elementfreak

Trevor Allan (34)
So club player assignments have been done for this year.

From what I saw on the BH Insta feed we had four assigned: Jamie Hagan, Man Bun Meehan, Pat and SupaSefa. For those who have been missing a bit of Sefa action it appears to be him kneeling in front of Jamie Hagan.

Sefa is next to Big Red.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
That's Filipe Vilitati, who played for the Rising, and is making up the numbers at pre-season, crouching in front of Hagan. He is part of the Island Breeze program with Sefa

Yep, got it. Face is hard to make out, under the shadow of that impressive beard on Hagan.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
Weeks, at tighthead, McMahon on openside and Thomson at 8? Can't make out the rest, but looks like big Timani in the second row.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-AK (Andrew Kellaway)-xtl1/t31.0-8/12671620_1130355473671676_8378317987849983282_o.jpg

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Club Ambassadors

Ben Meehan - Box Hill
Pat Leafa- Box Hill
Sefa Naivalu - Box Hill
Jamie Hagan - Box Hill

Tom English - Melbourne University
Dom Shipperley - Melbourne University
Sam Jefferies - Melbourne University
Jonah Placid - Melbourne University
Rob Leota - Melbourne University

Nic Stirzaker - Endeavour Hills
Jack Debrezceni - Endeavour Hills
Sean McMahon - Endeavour Hills
Siliva Siliva - Endeavour Hills
Toby Smith - Endeavour Hills

Dan Hawkins - Powerhouse
Ryan Cocker - Powerhouse
Harley Fox - Powerhouse
Adam Thomson - Powerhouse

Scott Fuglistaller - Moorabbin
Luke Jones - Moorabbin
Tamati Ellison - Moorabbin
Tim Metcher - Moorabbin

Laurie Weeks - Southern Districts
Mitch Inman - Southern Districts
Mike Harris - Southern Districts
Sione Tuipulotu - Southern Districts

Jordy Reid- Melbourne Unicorns
Mick Snowden - Melbourne Unicorns
Reece Hodge - Melbourne Unicorns
Cam Crawford - Melbourne Unicorns

Cullum Retallick - Footscray
Lopeti Timani - Footscray
Cruz Ah Nau - Footscray
Colby Fainga'a - Footscray

Paul Asquith - Harlequins
Tom Moloney - Harlequins
Steve Cummins - Harlequins
James Hanson - Harlequins

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
In case you haven't already seen it, the new Rebels website is now online. It does look better but seems to be struggling a bit ATM.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
In case you haven't already seen it, the new Rebels website is now online. It does look better but seems to be struggling a bit ATM.

Woah, yeah it running like a three-legged drunk Pig ATM. Perhaps Digital Pacific needs to feed the server monster some more electronic Coffee.

For me, it's very graphics intensive. I'm all for graphics and stuff, but at the expense of the user experience - nope! I'm sure there are plenty of views on this across the forum. At least it's mobile accessible. As a web professional you might have some choice advice for them :)

Having said that, good on the Rebels for another reinvention of their web channel. They seems to be striving for the edge in the digital space, amongst the other Rugby franchises at least.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I'm thinking along similar lines too DD. Not sure if Colby will get the nod, but think he's very qualified to take on the role.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
They're the obvious choices really. Stirzaker is a guaranteed selection and has been groomed for the leadership role. Harris is a steady, experienced, hand who can help out on game day. Colby is another whose leadership they value and have been developing, he becomes the pack leader.

Imagine there will be a broader leadership group that will likely include senior figures like Weeks and Ellison.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
No halfback should be told to tone down. They should be told to watch for lazy forwards and to make sure their size 8 boot has the effect of a size 14.

Now if a ref is on the recieving end, and the half gets away with it. 10/10. If he doesnt then stop giving away penalties you pillock.

Give me a yappy half every day.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
No halfback should be told to tone down. They should be told to watch for lazy forwards and to make sure their size 8 boot has the effect of a size 14.

Now if a ref is on the recieving end, and the half gets away with it. 10/10. If he doesnt then stop giving away penalties you pillock.

Give me a yappy half every day.
I have no issue with a halfback giving anyone a spray, whether they deserve it or not - unless the half back is the captain and it's Sir coping the gobfull. Referees tend to tire of that shit pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.