• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
That's a good size.

Hopefully he can play. Interesting that he didn't make the Rising but they're giving him a crack now.

Ta was in the extended squad for the Rising as he came back from a knee injury, alongside around a dozen U20s products. When a spot in the full squad opened up late in the campaign, he was the player elevated to the full squad, however due to the depth in the Rising back row he was never called upon.

He is rated very highly within VRU circles and a lot of people were disappointed to see Harley Fox signed ahead of him after he dominated Harley at national schoolboy champs. His younger brother Trevor is extremely talented and has unfortunately just moved to Queensland on a Rugby scholarship; if Ta doesnt make any ground in Melbourne this year, I'd expect him to head to QLD to join the rest of his family

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
They've got an actual coach this time though. It's mainly the bench I'm worried about. They're not going to be good enough to maintain a tight gameplan, and the Blues have always been able to cut loose against anyone who lets the game break down.

Anyway! It's just a trial game, and hopefully I'm completely wrong. Be good to see how some of the young guys and reserves go.

Only a trial game thankfully, close till half time and when the subs came on the Rebels fell away.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
another outside back to go with the 8 we already have and rarely use

surely they could have found another backrower ;)

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
OK, well, probably irrational anxiety but suddenly I'm worried about Sefa. Anyone know how he is tracking for the start of the season?

Wasn't Matsushima previously with the 'tahs?

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
OK, well, probably irrational anxiety but suddenly I'm worried about Sefa. Anyone know how he is tracking for the start of the season?

Come to think of it, haven't seen him in any of the pre-season media stuff. Did you see him running around at the open training session?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yes Mr Wobbly, i'm also worried about all the preseason "bumps and bruises", at least two of the backline (Placid and Tuipulotu) are on crutches, Stirzaker is recovering from surgery, Naiavalu from a broken leg, the back up 1/2 Snowden, dosen't get a run in NZ

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Come to think of it, haven't seen him in any of the pre-season media stuff. Did you see him running around at the open training session?
I did not. In isolation that's probably not a big deal and I didn't think about it too much at the time. As you say, he hasn't been in any of the media stuff and yet last season he was one of the team's poster boys.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to getcha.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
yes Mr Wobbly, i'm also worried about all the preseason "bumps and bruises", at least two of the backline (Placid and Tuipulotu) are on crutches, Stirzaker is recovering from surgery, Naiavalu from a broken leg, the back up 1/2 Snowden, dosen't get a run in NZ
It's not so much the bumps and bruises that worry me. It's more the slings, casts and moon boots.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)

Same. Broken legs can go weird.

What's the current depth in the backs look like?

Outside Centre: Ellison, Inman
Wing: Sefa, Shipperly, English, Crawford
Fullback: Harris, Placid

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Same. Broken legs can go weird.

What's the current depth in the backs look like?

Outside Centre: Ellison, Inman
Wing: Sefa, Shipperly, English, Crawford
Fullback: Harris, Placid

Who's the backup for Jack D at 10 in the Rebels? Would it be Harris?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Harris is probably first choice backup, Hawkins and Hodge would be the next off the line. Hawkins has got quite a bit of ITM Cup experience and Hodge was highly rated at Manly, but 0 Super caps between the two.

Scooter

Colin Windon (37)
The article quotes that Matsushima is "on a short term contract." So seems he has been signed as injury cover.

Dumbledore other backs on our list are:
Paul Asquith (Centre)
Reece Hodge (Utility Back)
Sione Tuipulotu (Centre) (Injured)

Status
Not open for further replies.