• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dene

Frank Nicholson (4)
Veainu's always been excellent, but in my mind was always going to be heading overseas (no push for Wallabies qualification, I'm assuming). We've had good signings on the wing with Crawford, Kingston, Sefa, English, Shipperley and Hodge all developing (though injury has taken its toll).

For many reasons it's unfortunate he was let go, though for him it's better and for us it made sense.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I had no idea who this bloke is, so I googled him. For the benefit of anyone else that's completely ignorant of all things NRL:

Played rugby as a school boy in Fiji.
23yo/180cm/93kg
Scored 16 tries in 23 games last year
4 tries in 6 games this year
Average 160 run metres per game :eek: (is that a lot in NRL? it sounds like a lot)
Played 5 tests for Fiji

He's worth pursuing and by reports in the Australian he met with the Rebels last week. I remember when he was at the Tigers and wished rugby had him.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I am also a Storm member and Koroibete is my favourite current player. He is lightning fast and strong. He does make some handling errors but the good far outweighs the bad.

On Thursday night when I first heard that Rugby were chasing him (with my Storm hat on) I said oh no. Then I heard it was the Rebels chasing him and I felt a little bit happier.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Veainu's always been excellent, but in my mind was always going to be heading overseas (no push for Wallabies qualification, I'm assuming). We've had good signings on the wing with Crawford, Kingston, Sefa, English, Shipperley and Hodge all developing (though injury has taken its toll).

For many reasons it's unfortunate he was let go, though for him it's better and for us it made sense.

Yeah fair points, I guess I'm still a bit disappointed with the lack of game time he was given, particularly when English was in middling form and still getting time.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
He's worth pursuing and by reports in the Australian he met with the Rebels last week. I remember when he was at the Tigers and wished rugby had him.
So, is his name pronounced *betty or *beety?

The commentators seem to switch every other clip :)

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Who's the community manager of the AAMI Park official account in Instagram?? All the photos and information are about Storm and Melbourne City! How the h*ll rugby is going to grow in Melbourne if your own stadium doesn't support you and doesn't advertise your games???

The Rebels are the current leaders of Aussie conference and I don't see nothing about it in the AAMI Park account. The community manager hates rugby?

uploadfromtaptalk1461631216610.jpg

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
as i posted somewhere else (concerning the state of the pitch) the Rebels are a very long way the pecking order at the "not round ground"

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Wonder if Dan has dome enough to secure a contract extension. Don't know how much his back injury has affected him, but he's not been a standout in any appearances, chuck in the fact that Placid came on to play 15 and Hodge went to 10 in round 1 rather than the natural 10 jumping in, and we begin to wonder.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Highlander35 Dan didn't get a lot of game time. Although Jack hasn't been setting the world on fire so that may say something too.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Good to see Tom and Mike running without any strapping. Perhaps light drills, but a good sign nonetheless.

Perhaps a return against the Blues this Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.