• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Good luck to the 12 fans braving armageddon tonight. Hopefully the creek doesn't flood...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Is it televised?
Don't expect anyone who isn't already a die hard rugby fan would want to go out tonight, and since it is billed an an exhibition game - to increase the audience size I would have thought - it would be nice if folks who don't normally go to rugby could see the game.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
After several phases in the 22 the canes break a tackle in the centres and score in the corner. Converted to give the canes a 14-5 lead.

Cannot give players as having trouble recognising most of them

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Canes getting on top now. Just muscled the way forward over several phases and scores a try in the corner. Converted again. 21-5 with 15min left

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
After several phases in the 22 the canes break a tackle in the centres and score in the corner. Converted to give the canes a 14-5 lead.

Cannot give players as having trouble recognising most of them
Your dedictation is well and truly appreciated as I follow your updates from the warm comfort of the couch.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
A good drive from Jordy Reid sees the rebels get in the 22. Canes offside. Lineout taken and rebels score a try from a maul. Conversion missed. 28-10

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Your dedictation is well and truly appreciated as I follow your updates from the warm comfort of the couch.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk
Don't get too used to it. The battery on the phone is nearly dead.

Canes put sustained pressure on the rebels try line. Draws the defense in and use the numbers to score in the corner again. Also converted and game over. 35-10 to canes.

Did not recognise many through the rain, mud and umbrellas but Jordy Reid stood out. Forwards held their own most of the night but we're dominated in the last 10. Hurricanes centres owned ours and ser up three of their tries.

Not a bad game considering the conditions and as a bonus could watch with a few full strength drinks to brace against the cold. Time to have a post match drink in front of the fire.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Don't get too used to it. The battery on the phone is nearly dead.

Canes put sustained pressure on the rebels try line. Draws the defense in and use the numbers to score in the corner again. Also converted and game over. 35-10 to canes.

Did not recognise many through the rain, mud and umbrellas but Jordy Reid stood out. Forwards held their own most of the night but we're dominated in the last 10. Hurricanes centres owned ours and ser up three of their tries.

Not a bad game considering the conditions and as a bonus could watch with a few full strength drinks to brace against the cold. Time to have a post match drink in front of the fire.
I thank you for your updates - you are a true gentleman

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
And the website says, 33-10. I admit I did not see one of the conversions as I was refueling at the bar but was told he got it. Definitely five tries to two though. Hurricanes dominated the last 20 min.
nevertheless comprehensively outplayed in the second half. was it a case of their non starters were simply much better than our non starters ? and thank you for going and giving the updates. under the conditions i suspect i would have refueled a lot.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Of course it is - changing venues would cost Mr Cox more money and he can only squeeze the ARU for so much.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
nevertheless comprehensively outplayed in the second half. was it a case of their non starters were simply much better than our non starters ? and thank you for going and giving the updates. under the conditions i suspect i would have refueled a lot.
That's pretty much it. Much more depth at the hurricanes.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
I'm a bit disappointed that Stirzaker, fugistaller and tameti Ellison are not in the playing squad this week

Status
Not open for further replies.