• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
And I think we should recognise who forced the statement; not RUPA, Coxy, Vic Gov.

The Morgan Turinui broadside seems to have torn a few new arseholes. Champion!

Exactly. Like you said on Twitter. Morgan has...

1403_randyWheelBarrowA.jpg

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
But... but... but the dastardly Mr. Cox is just a businessman looking to line his pockets. Surely this is positioning to get more out of the ARU. Haha.

Obviously something has to be done with aus rugby, but cutting the rebels and our force brothers should be last resort. Governance reform and business culture/philosophies should be first looked at.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Why on a Friday night? Such a strange time for the news cycle.

Good to see the Vic government's statement too.

The last one came out on a Friday, right before a big match. The timing didn't surprise me, but the message pleased me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeyBro

Frank Row (1)
OK, a reminder to not make this forum into a Force v Rebels war.

The ARU, on the other hand, are fair game.

What about a Force/Rebels v Tahs/ARU war?

The disgraceful NSW bias in the ARU, as well as at Fox, is at least partly to blame for this fiasco. The attitude from the ARU is as if the sole effect of having 5 teams in Super Rugby is that it has weakened the Tahs and they don't mind who they run over in the race to make amends.
Meanwhile at Fox, ARU apologists and Tahs cheerleaders (I'm looking at you Phil Waugh and Steven Hoiles) are licking their lips while they decide which parts of the corpse they will get to devour.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
I was just looking at some stats the Rebels have used 37 players this season with 14 players who played their first game for the Rebels and 12 of those who made Super Rugby debut (although that includes experienced players like Mafi and Day).

Here is a list of players and number of matches they have lost through injury this season (+1 relates to players who miss tomorrow's game as well):
Sean McMahon 9
Toby Smith 7
Lopeti Timani 6
Jordy Reid 5
Dom Day 4+1 = 5
Sefanaia Naivalu 3+1 = 4
Nic Stirzaker 3+1 = 4
Colby Fainga'a 3
Jack Debreczeni 2+1 = 3
Mick Snowden 2+1 = 3
Mitch Inman 2
Marika Koroibete 2
James Hanson 1

Plus then you have the players who have been injured all season 10+1 Pama Fou, Sam Jeffries, Rob Leota, Tim Metcher, Dom Shipperley, Alex Toolis.

Not sure if Ah Nau and Fox have been injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.