• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
He didn't screw up his chance at all; in the same vein as Hegarty, his contract offer was not reflective of his place in the team in terms of both length and remuneration. There were also health reasons for him and his British wife to return to NZ, in regards to healthcare systems & access etc.

I think he means to become Australian qualified and play Wallabies.

At 26 (currently) if he signed a contract post-NPC season he'd be virtually 30 by the time he's Wallaby qualified, and as a back 3 player that wouldn't leave many good years (perhaps even any good years).

That's presuming test football is/was the target, and from your post it sounds like he may have bigger fish to fry.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
The Chiefs released Horrell?!! Any Aus Super Rugby would do well to pick that lad up. Can play anywhere but 12 and 15 mostly and is a skillful and calm player.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
This bloke looks like a matchup nightmare! Who do teams mark up on him with? He's faster than all of them, bigger than 90% of them and can lay on a bloody impressive hit.

Tell me he doesn't look like the perfect non-kicking winger?

I could watch that or hours. And hours. And again.

But this, from the weekend's match against the boys form the Shire. Talk about great Deefense.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I've seen that about 7 times now, and the complete lack of tactical and positional awareness astounds me.

As a Forward, the 11 should know that with a little bit of forward momentum, he could crash over no problem by changing the running angle slightly towards the post. Instead, he tries and fails to draw and pass. Then the center does the right thing, hitting that diagonal line between the defenders, but instead of head down, or a dummy, he gives it to the boy with 1 foot basically on the touchline.

The pace and the tackle were good from Koroibete are excellent, but my oh my, they slaughtered like a Glasgow team in the mid noughties.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I've seen that about 7 times now, and the complete lack of tactical and positional awareness astounds me.

As a Forward, the 11 should know that with a little bit of forward momentum, he could crash over no problem by changing the running angle slightly towards the post. Instead, he tries and fails to draw and pass. Then the center does the right thing, hitting that diagonal line between the defenders, but instead of head down, or a dummy, he gives it to the boy with 1 foot basically on the touchline.

The pace and the tackle were good from Koroibete are excellent, but my oh my, they slaughtered like a Glasgow team in the mid noughties.

I'm still trying to work out what the pushing and shoving was all about after that hit. Seemed like a dick measuring contest, basically.

That matched filled in nicely for a Saturday night Rugby (Loig) filler. Glad the Storm stuck it to Gallen, Fifita et al..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

In 2016 for the Wallabies we'd be celebrating if the ball made it all the way to the winger before the try was butchered.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I could watch that or hours. And hours. And again.

But this, from the weekend's match against the boys form the Shire. Talk about great Deefense.

Looks like Rebels can't afford him.
Maybe the Tahs can swap him for Horwitz or Harry Jones,who are both more affordable?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Looks like Rebels can't afford him.
Maybe the Tahs can swap him for Horwitz or Harry Jones,who are both more affordable?
No problem. We'll take Foley then. Tahs couldn't afford him before Chieks through a hissy fit and got the ARU to chip in, despite no international performances as of that point in time.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
He had a good year last year and a bad year this year, lets let a trend emerge before we freak out.
Can accept that for debs but you need a decent 15 as placid looks like he has peaked and not the answer

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can accept that for debs but you need a decent 15 as placid looks like he has peaked and not the answer

I do wish he was playing better but he's also just 21. If he's not delivering by 23 then you've got issues.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)

My suspicion with Jonah is that he's overweight and out of condition. I don't think I've seen him play a game without limping off hurt or getting gassed. Now, maybe he's just injury prone, but he strikes me as a player naturally gifted with strength/speed but doesn't put the hard yards in.

Just a hunch - happy to be proven wrong.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
My suspicion with Jonah is that he's overweight and out of condition. I don't think I've seen him play a game without limping off hurt or getting gassed. Now, maybe he's just injury prone, but he strikes me as a player naturally gifted with strength/speed but doesn't put the hard yards in.

Just a hunch - happy to be proven wrong.

I think Jonah 2015 was too small for full back at this level, Jonah 2016 seemed to slow/short and bulky for full back at this level. Might need to find a in between and try wing, where we have plenty of depth unfortunately.

Hopefully Jack Maddocks is a superstar waiting to be unlocked. Not going to get my hopes up though.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Big congrats to Reece and Lopeti, a first starting cap and possible debut against the Jaapies.

*correction - didn't see the bench was to be cut by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.