• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
First, let me reiterate my ignorance of the finer points of the law.

To me, this arbitration thing seems like it should be pretty straight forward.

Step 1/ ARU present the documents/contract formalising the original broadcast deal.

Step 2/ Present the new documents/contract.

Step 3/ Point out the substantive differences between the two and explain how the 2nd agreement supersedes the first.

Unless of course there are no new documents/contract, in which case - oopsies.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
First, let me reiterate my ignorance of the finer points of the law.

To me, this arbitration thing seems like it should be pretty straight forward.

Step 1/ ARU present the documents/contract formalising the original broadcast deal.

Step 2/ Present the new documents/contract.

Step 3/ Point out the substantive differences between the two and explain how the 2nd agreement supersedes the first.

Unless of course there are no new documents/contract, in which case - oopsies.
Yes, there will be a new contract. What I've always wanted to know is; does the alliance agreement say "till the end of the 2020 Super Rugby season", in which case it is pretty obvious, or "until the end of the 2020 Super Rugby broadcast deal", which also seems like the Force are OK, as both the old and new deals end after the 2020 season, or "until the end of the current broadcast deal", which could be open to interpretation.

It's all in the wording, I guess.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
I see that Melbourne Rebels have lodged a few new documents with ASIC today, and for $19 each you can view them, but I suspect they confirm that Cox and Sidwell have abandoned the team and the VRU are the new owners - bam

Ok, so I took the bait. Change of office holders (I went for the four pager)
Out: Peter Sidwell, Michelle Williams
In: Tim North, Owain Stone, Lyndsey Cattermole, Robert Dalziel

Looks like the change has happened. Hello, news masters of Victorian Rugby.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
This one should show the transfer of shares.

7E9323081
(484)
Change to Company Details Changes to (Members) Share (484N)
Holdings ()

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Second document - Change of shareholding from Imperium Sports Management to Victorian Rugby Union Inc. Cost the VRU $1, so looks like PUT option was used, and debts cleared.

Third - just a change of address. Nothing fancy.

So, it's happened lads. New owners.

Jon

Chris McKivat (8)
Yes, there will be a new contract. What I've always wanted to know is; does the alliance agreement say "till the end of the 2020 Super Rugby season", in which case it is pretty obvious, or "until the end of the 2020 Super Rugby broadcast deal", which also seems like the Force are OK, as both the old and new deals end after the 2020 season, or "until the end of the current broadcast deal", which could be open to interpretation.

It's all in the wording, I guess.

Potentially not.

They could have just signed a variation with the reduced regular season games and reduced number of teams. it wouldn't have to be a whole new contract.

If this is the case - as hinted at by the SANZAAR announcement way back when, RWA/WF will be in Super Rugby next year.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
much smarter deal perhaps, no "sale" of licence, Cox stays an owner (1%?) and no need for ARU to approve change of ownership of licence.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Where is the Rock Lobster?

He should be basking in the warm afterglow of his post from last week in the 2018 thread.

The Cox deal with the VRU is done, which is going to make the Rebels very hard to shift.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
why isn't he removed from the office holders??

Don't know. He probably need to still be one, in order to facilitate the transfer. Now it's one, new chairman can delist him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.