• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I think Retallick finished off last season ok, better than the rest to be honest and at least has a all round lock skill set.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Another Shute Sheild player steps up ;)

All fun aside DPG is a great get, works hard, and doesnt go missing - him and Hodge were an awesome centre pairing back in 16. A very good get.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Are there only 25 rugby clubs in Victoria? The same size as Uruguayan rugby

I think total senior players is a better unit of measurement than clubs.

According to wiki:
Victoria has 6,237(total): 3,274 (adult), 2,963 (junior)
Uruguay has 5,829 (no other stats offered, seniors or juniors or total? I don't know)
Note: these stats may be out of date.

In terms of clubs I believe there's 25ish senior, plus a couple of junior only clubs. These senior clubs range from having 20 players to having 120 players.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Reckon Jake Shatz is a great short term signing (for this Super season).

Then he will be overseas for a few years.

Hopefully he remains injury free this year and plays very well for the Rebels.

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
73064cabec0339180d5aefcc1515ba9b.jpg

What the hell?! Tim Metcher.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Or Tyrell Lomax. Love to see what he can do at this level. Bloody massive lad!

Yeah, Lomax will be first for sure.

Saaga has been in the system since he was a pup, captained the Vic 18s and all. He's been hanging out for a chance, when really a guy like him could do okay overseas.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
A state v a country? Yeah, we're doing OK.

Yeah but we are talking about the second most largest state in Australia and a city like Melbourne with one of the higher life standards in the world.

Melbourne has more than 4 million people, is the second largest city in Oceania by population meanwhile Uruguay only has 3 million people in all the country.

Brazil, a no traditional rugby nation has 10k registered rugby players ATM, Paraguay (A tiny soccer nation) has 3,500 registered players.

T

TOCC

Yeah but we are talking about the second most largest state in Australia and a city like Melbourne with one of the higher life standards in the world.

Melbourne has more than 4 million people, is the second largest city in Oceania by population meanwhile Uruguay only has 3 million people in all the country.

Brazil, a no traditional rugby nation has 10k registered rugby players ATM, Paraguay (A tiny soccer nation) has 3,500 registered players.

What is your point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think his point is saying a state is doing better than a country is pointless because the state has a higher population than the country. Lots of other bits in there though.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)

Brazil has around 30k players at the moment.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Brazil has around 30k players at the moment.

That would suggest that the Americas could support five good second-tier teams - Argentina (first tier), USA, Canada, Brazil and Uruguay. If we can get two teams out of Argentina by 2020 then that's the fourth Super Rugby conference tied up

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Koroibete has a bit of a bung knee. He's in doubt for the 10s and could miss the start of the season :(

It's almost like 2016 all over again - except the season hasn't even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.