• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Rebels 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
If Lomax goes all right he will jump ahead of Metcher in the THP queue and cement his place. Feel sorry for Timbo; lovely guy, solid prop, but besieged by horrible injuries.

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Makes you wonder why head office is waiting till tomorrow when it is already out there.

Suggest news corp lifted their embargo a little too early. I'm sure Cody will have a few words with them, but probably not a biggie.

After all, and Rugby coverage here in Mexico is good coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Personally I think the Reds will target McMahon for Ballymore.

Reds backrow is mature (nice way of saying old)

McMahon is from Brisbane and Mrs McMahon from the Goldie. The heartstrings will get pulled hard.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Mcmahon will always be an option for the Reds but he is a big fan of melbourne, plus the Reds will most likely have Gill back to swap with G.Smith...Korzyck will be around a while, plus Houston and Higs on 3 year deals. With those players, I'd be surprised if the Reds could afford Mcmahon though I'm sure they will try.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^
Trouble with Gilly is that the ARU will not top up his contract (as they didn't last time). McMahon (who I would have over Liam) would actually be substantially cheaper than Gilly (to the Reds coffers)

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
^^^^
Trouble with Gilly is that the ARU will not top up his contract (as they didn't last time). McMahon (who I would have over Liam) would actually be substantially cheaper than Gilly (to the Reds coffers)

McMahon mentioned the loyalty factor in his last contract signing. After all, the Rebels gave him a shot a Super Rugby, where the Reds refused to do so. You don't typically forget that kind of stuff.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
^^^^
Love the loyalty stuff, I really do.

Clubs in the professional era are only loyal to performance and players unfortunately sometimes chase the dollars (and loyalty plays second fiddle). Other factors also play a part (like family etc)

A player's argument often is: If the new club is prepared to pay x amount, why isn't the club I have given loyal service to paying me the same amount or greater. They can then "justify" the move (at least in their own minds)

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
You can only leverage loyalty so far.

Be loyal to your national union at the detriment of your long term finances.
Be loyal to the team that gave you a shot first.
By loyal to the place you grew up.

It's all asking a lot.

We don't often consider cost of living is probably 1.3X what it is in Brissy in Melbs, if they price match then you're in the green.

lou75

Ron Walden (29)
Not so long ago, Rebels went to Wellington and were in the running to win - 2015, not too much has changed, so it is possible that we see an upset, despite the odds being so very much against us. Stirzaker needs to keep in the game, Jackson needs to make an impact, and not get fazed by his home crowd. Well there is a long list of things so, thoughts?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Christ, can someone with a better memory remind me why TT was ever hired? It was a sop to the ARU right?

Status
Not open for further replies.